Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Ebay Changes!

Here are some new Ebay Changes coming in October http://pages.ebay.com/sell/August2008Update/Overview/

I posted previously about only being able to pay with pay pal and I thought pay pal was required to be a payment option. Looks as though here it comes!

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/August2008Update/Payments/

"Paper payments end this October

Beginning late October 2008, all items listed on eBay.com must be paid for using one of the following approved payment options:
    • Direct credit or debit card payment via a merchant credit card account
    • PayPal
    • ProPay
    • Payment on pick-up
    Paper payment methods such as checks and money orders will no longer be accepted on eBay.com.

By January 2009, all approved electronic payment methods will be integrated into eBay checkout. For example, buyers will be able to enter their credit card number directly into eBay checkout, and the payment will be routed to the seller's Internet merchant account or to their PayPal account. "

Well I know I am sure this will roughful some feathers and everyone will say its ebay just trying to take more money form the sellers as pay pal has fees but to be honest I prefer it both as a buyer and an occasional seller of old video games and crap around my house.

Re: New Ebay Changes!

You know, I do agree with you. As a seller, I don't like getting personal checks.... As a buyer, I ALWAYS use Paypal. This change won't affect me too much personally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

i'm with you guys - the change is a-ok with me! i always kick myself when i recklessly jump on something listed on ebay, win it, only to discover that the seller only accepts checks, money orders, etc. when i'm ready to pay up - what a hassle! as a rule i never bid on an item if cash is the only payment accepted but, unfortunately, i sometimes space-out and don't read the fine print. this will fix that!
    robert

Cool Re: New Ebay Changes!

I'm with you guys as well.

I've been on eBay for over 10 years now and I've gone through all of the fee changes, paypal fees, etc. I don't have any issues with their fees, they provide me with a medium where I can sell to millions and get paid by those same millions instantly. I'll pay the fees to get my payment instantly.

I too have the same frustration when I skip over the details, which isn't often and find someone only accepts check/MO and on top of that they make me wait until it clears? So having your money in hand for certain some 2-3 weeks later is worth saving the $ spent in fees?

I also don't like the people that want to add in the fees to any sale they make, yes that includes some sellers on here. You're potentialy taking in hundreds of dollars, is $5 in PayPal fees going to kill you? It's the cost of doing business. I have NEVER charged anyone extra for buying something from me, it's the item price and shipping cost.

I can't wait for the new change as I'll never have to worry about who doesn't accept PayPal.

-Jeremy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spiezio23 View Post
    I'm with you guys as well.

I've been on eBay for over 10 years now and I've gone through all of the fee changes, paypal fees, etc. I don't have any issues with their fees, they provide me with a medium where I can sell to millions and get paid by those same millions instantly. I'll pay the fees to get my payment instantly.

I too have the same frustration when I skip over the details, which isn't often and find someone only accepts check/MO and on top of that they make me wait until it clears? So having your money in hand for certain some 2-3 weeks later is worth saving the $ spent in fees?

I also don't like the people that want to add in the fees to any sale they make, yes that includes some sellers on here. You're potentialy taking in hundreds of dollars, is $5 in PayPal fees going to kill you? It's the cost of doing business. I have NEVER charged anyone extra for buying something from me, it's the item price and shipping cost.

I can't wait for the new change as I'll never have to worry about who doesn't accept PayPal.

-Jeremy
    Jeremy, who charges a fee to accept PayPal as payment? It is against eBay rules to charge a fee for PayPal payment.

Cool Re: New Ebay Changes!

Joel,

I always contact eBay about those that charge extra for fees and they remove the listings. It's not eBay sellers I have the fee issue with.

I should have clarified, when making purchases here on the forum or on other forums, I've had sellers state. I'll gladly accept PayPal but you MUST add 3% to cover the fees, or they'll refund the entire payment until you do. Yes, it has happened on here but I'm not going through my emails to find names.

What's next.. once the new system is deployed here we'll have folks saying, you can have this jersey if you pay my forum fee plus paypal fee, etc. *Pretty soon we're just paying a big fee and getting a free jersey or bat*
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & Anything of Felix Hernandez or Richie Sexson.

-Jeremy Morgan

The seller can't charge the buyer the PayPal fees. In California, and perhaps other places, it's illegal to charge the buyer a fee for using a credit card.

I thought this was HUGE!!!! 35cents to list Fixed Price items!!!

Reduced upfront fees for Fixed Price: List multi-quantity items up to 30 days for one low fee
    We're dramatically reducing the upfront cost to list an item at fixed price on eBay.
    I list items for over $1,000 that used to cost me over $4.00 so this will save me at least $40 per month.

It looks like they are going to be encouraging high priced Buy It Now fixed price auctions!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

They are going to get you on the back-in, as the FVF's are increasing.

More then likely, you won't save anything and it will cost you more.

Not only on ebay but everywhere, there is a lot of fraud going on with counterfeit money orders and cashiers checks.....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...