Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Barry Bonds Issues

Ok, I am still waiting to get called out for defending Barry Bonds all this time when there is a book coming out that details about five years of his alleged drug abuse.

I am still going to stand behind my comments from the past that since the drug was not outlawed in baseball, it shouldn't reflect on his stats or records he has and will set.

Did he lie to Congress? This is still not certain. A book doesn't prove guilt, but it does make more eyes open to the case and it puts Barry back on the hot seat.

I am still confused how Jim Miller was suspended from The Chicago Bears years ago for using a drug he bought at General Nutrition Center.

Re: Barry Bonds Issues

Barry should have taken his own advice.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=25746

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry
    Barry should have taken his own advice.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=25746
    Mastercard should make a commercial with your post, because it is Priceless.

Banned

GUYS I FIRGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAM IT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US THE WHOLE TIME!!!

That same company also made a wristband for Darryl Strawberry he was another one of the players selected to wear that wristband.

GUYS DONT YOU GET IT!!! ITS NOT THE PLAYER, OR THE GAME, OR THE STRESSES OF LIFE THAT MAKE THEM DO IT!!!!

ITS THE WRISTBANDS!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL

Banned

They should have a commercial with Spike Lee stating: "It must be the wrist-bands".

Murder is not outlawed in baseball. Does that make it ok?

Steroids without prescriptions has not been legal in the United States since 1991. That means they are illegal to have in baseball since 1991. Just because baseball rules don't outlaw it doesn't mean it isn't illegal.

That said, since baseball has turned a blind eye to this steroids until recently so they would be a little hypocritical to blank out any records that were set when they weren't enforcing the law.

Rob L

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L
    Murder is not outlawed in baseball. Does that make it ok?

Steroids without prescriptions has not been legal in the United States since 1991. That means they are illegal to have in baseball since 1991. Just because baseball rules don't outlaw it doesn't mean it isn't illegal.

That said, since baseball has turned a blind eye to this steroids until recently so they would be a little hypocritical to blank out any records that were set when they weren't enforcing the law.
    This issue always bother me.

YOU ARE COMPARING MURDER TO STEROID ABUSE?

Hehe, makes me laugh.

Should Fergie Jenkins be removed from The Hall of Fame?

He was caught with marijuana if I remember correctly, this is considered quite a crime. Please don't tell me that dope doesn't make you hit the ball further - It is against the laws of the USA to possess marijuana, right?

Apples and pears, don't compare them, just eat and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    This issue always bother me.

YOU ARE COMPARING MURDER TO STEROID ABUSE?

Hehe, makes me laugh.

Should Fergie Jenkins be removed from The Hall of Fame?

He was caught with marijuana if I remember correctly, this is considered quite a crime. Please don't tell me that dope doesn't make you hit the ball further - It is against the laws of the USA to possess marijuana, right?

Apples and pears, don't compare them, just eat and enjoy!
    Murder, petty theft, robbery, sexual abuse. Pick your poison

All of this stuff gets to be ridiculous. As long as baseball turns their back (like they will probably do again this time), all records should stand. History will look at this as another era in baseball, ie. deadball era, liveball era, steroid era, etc., etc..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L
    Murder, petty theft, robbery, sexual abuse. Pick your poison

All of this stuff gets to be ridiculous. As long as baseball turns their back (like they will probably do again this time), all records should stand. History will look at this as another era in baseball, ie. deadball era, liveball era, steroid era, etc., etc..
    See, if you commit pre-meditated murder many parts of this country, you will receive a sentence of death.

If you put Steroids in your body, I have never heard of such a punishment from the government.

In other words, the punishment is so far greater for one than the other that they are different and not comparable.

I do like your other points.

Joel

Banned

I said it before and I will say it again in my eyes ROGER MARIS still holds the record all other records should have an asterik.

And your wrong about baseball turning there back cuz dont forget Maris's record had an asterik next to it until I believe 1990 or something like that.

So if they could do it to maris from 1961 to 1990, they can do it to Mcgwire and Bonds.