Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Wanted For Sale Items To Come Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    The silence from the powers to be speaks volumes.....

I appreciate the updates.....
    Does seem a little odd that we have yet to receive a response. Maybe they are too busy preparing that platform? Maybe we should give them a little more time, its only been 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield11 View Post
    Does seem a little odd that we have yet to receive a response. Maybe they are too busy preparing that platform? Maybe we should give them a little more time, its only been 8 months.
    Sorry did I say 8? I MEANT 11!

It has been a while....I am sure the other members wont mind a few bugs in exchange for having a forum where we can trade...even an outline of the system....pretty much anything at this point.

Beyond just wanting to have another resource to buy from, the Items for Sale section drives traffic and helps maintain the interest of all the members and attract new members. That is a common goal of the GUU and the members. It would be great to hear something- even if they are not going to bring the section back at least people would know where it stands.

Smile Re: Wanted For Sale Items To Come Back!!!

Maybe everyone's at the National or on vacation. Or they got the software from Microsoft(lol)
    Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
    http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com

Not so much of a problem that the for sale section is not up, but the silence makes me feel like I am dealing with MLB.com. I know there was a time period where the new system would come out, but I think that date range has past.

Simple update would not be bad for the MANY posters that use this site daily and ENJOY the site instead of the cold shoulder.

Once again AWA85@live.com if there is anything new.

Thank you.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

I am going to make this statement and i want GUU to take it as postive feedback/suggestion. I really feel this site has succeeded due to it being FREE. Yeah there are pay features, and you get benefits for it.

However selling and trading occurs because people want to skip the ebay fees, same as with auction houses.

I fear if there are fees, especially significant ones people will not use this avenue....they will either go back to ebay or a new site will pop up.

A good example is there used to be a local website here where people shared info on autograph signings.... it went to a pay site...and since then 2 other free ones have popped up.

You all do a great job and i love this site, i think $ can be made on advertising and the auctions...the trade and sell between members, i feel, should be kept free.

These are my opinions, i mean them in the most positive way.

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps View Post
    I am going to make this statement and i want GUU to take it as postive feedback/suggestion. I really feel this site has succeeded due to it being FREE. Yeah there are pay features, and you get benefits for it.

However selling and trading occurs because people want to skip the ebay fees, same as with auction houses.

I fear if there are fees, especially significant ones people will not use this avenue....they will either go back to ebay or a new site will pop up.

A good example is there used to be a local website here where people shared info on autograph signings.... it went to a pay site...and since then 2 other free ones have popped up.

You all do a great job and i love this site, i think $ can be made on advertising and the auctions...the trade and sell between members, i feel, should be kept free.

These are my opinions, i mean them in the most positive way.
    You make a lot of sense in your post. I kind of feel the same way, but as long as the fees arent too bad i would still make a few posts. If they are steep then good bye GUU. Maybe the people that are looking to buy items should just post them in the WANTED section and seller can find them that way. This of course would take a lot more time on both ends but in the end it would be free. Maybe somebody should start a new GU site.

I am agreeing with what everyone has said it was a major appeal to a lot of people and its why they came to this site. I was just looking and I hope the admins realise that most of the people who have commented if you look under their names are "Senior Members" I was so excited when I finally hit that mark I really felt like a part of the community when I got that and I am sure others did also. We are the ones who the this board go and it seems as though we are being denied what really made this site great.