Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Wanted For Sale Items To Come Back!!!

I am agreeing with what everyone has said it was a major appeal to a lot of people and its why they came to this site. I was just looking and I hope the admins realise that most of the people who have commented if you look under their names are "Senior Members" I was so excited when I finally hit that mark I really felt like a part of the community when I got that and I am sure others did also. We are the ones who the this board go and it seems as though we are being denied what really made this site great.

Thumbs up Re: Wanted For Sale Items To Come Back!!!

It doesn't surprise me that we haven't gotten a response yet. The powers that be have definitely shown themselves to be biased when editing posts, especially when someone has enough sense to criticize the ridiculous markups by collectors and auction houses alike. The message I get, like another forum member said, is that Game Used Universe is becoming an imitation auction house, for the benefit of those who run the site alone, and not a place where collectors look out for each other's not getting ripped off. I think it would be great if those with the technological knowledge would start another website. Competition is a great thing, and when people flock in droves to the new site, it will force those who run this site to change their modus operandi.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I think a solution to everything would be to allow members who paid the $20 for the "basic" membership to post in the "for sale" section. The fee of $20 for a years worth of "for sale" posts would still be the most reasonable price around. I have had ebay fees of about $20 for 1 item. I don't think any members would have a problem with that?

Thats a great idea! I paid the $20 to try and be supportive of the forum (even though you dont have to). I agree that paying members should be able to post items for sale on the for sale space. Its a pretty simple concept- premium members can post items for sale. Even if they up the price to $29.95 or $39.95 it would be worth it and simple. That is part of the beauty of the forum...its simplicity. My 2 cents is we keep it that way.

Auctions, selling fees, Cowboys exclusive deals. Things are definitely changing. Wonder whats next?

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    i have a feeling that this site is gearing more to becoming an auction house. they already have the members here to police all there items for free. the for sale section might come back but only if it lines the pockets of the people who own this forum.

Great statement! I've heard this before and it makes complete sense, because its 100% true! Ya know, if they would have come out and said hey, its going to be out at this time and its going to cost this much to post an item, and actually did it, then that would be one thing. Or even if they said there isnt going to be a "For Sale" section anymore, then fine! Come out and say it!! Dont drag people around for almost a year! Thats silly! It seems like its testing time in between auctions, and when they are over, okey dokey, time to tell people the section will be up shortly, only to find out the next auction is coming up. I like this site for multiple reasons, but the subject of the "For Sale" section is getting a little out of hand now.

Great comments folks!! Im glad a lot of you said something. It was exactly what was on my mind but didnt want to say anything because I didnt want to hear the "well if you are only here for the for sale section, then leave" comments. Ive said this before, but this kind of reminds me of the movie, The Last Castle! haha.

Thumbs up Re: Wanted For Sale Items To Come Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mfsquirrelmaster View Post
    Auctions, selling fees, Cowboys exclusive deals. Things are definitely changing. Wonder whats next?
    These changes are ridiculous. I'm a college student, and I don't think it's fair to make me pay $20 to merely list an item. How can you justify forcing a person like me, who wants to list one bat, to pay the same price as a dealer listing 150 items? Is this site about benefiting the collector, or making the powers that be profits?

I'm getting sick of this site's double-standards. The regular members on here get passes on the authenticity of their items, whereas non-members are amenable to mud-slinging. I've heard scare stories about members selling fake items, yet people pretending that nothing has happened because they contribute to this forum.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

there is nothing wrong with free enterprise. one of the things that i used to enjoy doing was seeing what people had for sale on this site. i too have only bought one item from the site that want good. a bat that was supposedly game used but must have been graded by zburns. it was the first g/u item i ever bought and luckily it didnt cost much. if the new setup put accountability in to the picture that would be good. in the past i have seen where deals have gone bad from this sites and the mods wouldnt allow the issue to be brought out into the public. oh well.

also as a side note why not refuse to give input on the next g/u auction. this is the biggest part of their platform that makes g/u universe unique. if they want to charge us for a for sale section this would be the best way to get back at them. also why not go to a feedback system like some of the other trading sites out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    Or even if they said there isnt going to be a "For Sale" section anymore, then fine! Come out and say it!! Dont drag people around for almost a year! .

Don't worry there will be a for sale site as soon as they figure out how to profit from it. The people that have made this site successful, the members, have asked for something - a free for sale section and it is not being delivered...

Regards,
    Dave