Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Wanted For Sale Items To Come Back!!!

Simple math guys @ $20 per member x 3000 members = $60,000 a year is not enough to run a website (rolling my eyes) plus the people like me, who $50 a year to be a premium member. I guess a years salary for some of use is just not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Neely, I was thinking the same thing. I have been a member of gameworn.net for eight years and all disputes have always been worked out. They have had a for sale section since its inception in 1998.

Just a thought,
    Geoffrey
    Hilarious. I guess the scores of people banned from that site for questioning items (most of which came through Buffalo at some point), be they from individual sellers or from the S&K auction offshoot, doesn't count.

That's to say nothing of trying to whack major guys like Rich Ellis over the most petty "violations" imaginable.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    Simple math guys @ $20 per member x 3000 members = $60,000 a year is not enough to run a website (rolling my eyes) plus the people like me, who $50 a year to be a premium member. I guess a years salary for some of use is just not enough.
    First of all, thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Based on the feedback from members I will be making a post shortly to explain some next steps. I just wanted to let everyone know I will be posting on this shortly (it will take me a little time to put the post together) and appreciate your patience while the post is being put together.

In addition, regarding the quote above about the "simple" math, the variable that you forgot to factor in is the fact that 90-95% of the people using the GUU site are "Complimentary" members and we haven't charged them a dime for any of the services they have used for the past three years. If you re-calculate your math with that in mind I think you will come up with a very different picture.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

I know this is a whole nother can of worms but transactions happen in the other area's of the site as well. What if I contact a member looking to buy an item that they just posted in the "recent pickups" thread and we work out a deal. Then when I receive the item it's not what I was expecting???

Quote Originally Posted by mfsquirrelmaster View Post
    I know this is a whole nother can of worms but transactions happen in the other area's of the site as well. What if I contact a member looking to buy an item that they just posted in the "recent pickups" thread and we work out a deal. Then when I receive the item it's not what I was expecting???
    Good question Matt. I will try to address this in the post.
    Christopher Cavalier

Chris
    Why not make a 30 day trail version after that to become a member you must pay the $20. With the amount of information received on this site I think its a deal. I would hope most of us agree.
    Thanks Scott

Christopher Cavalier