Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Auction House -vs- Ebay

I have a Matt Holliday jersey w/team COA that I am going to sell. My question is this. . .what is the best medium to sell such a jersey? Seeing that GUU Auctions won't be going on for a while, what is my next best option. If it is an auction house, what are the ones fellow members have had the best luck with?

Thanks.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Banned

Re: Auction House -vs- Ebay

ahuff I have always looked at it like this if it is a super mega star player game used item you will get top dollar at a Sports Auction house but if the player is a common to a Semi/super star your best bet would be ebay.
    Also depends how how quick your looking to move the product. Ebay obviously depends on how long you list the item for Vs. an Auction house having to wait till there Auction ends and then them getting paid and then in return paying you.

I don't know what is better and which would bring more money for the jersey, but on a personal note I've consigned through Lelands a number of times and was happy with the service and payment was prompt. I consigned to two Mastro acuctions a long time back and also had no trouble, though that was several years ago.

One thing you can do is have 'Best Offer' sale on eBay. If you don't get price you like, you can then consign it.

How much are you trying to sell it for? If you could email me

millerbr444@yahoo.com

ahuff,

Do you still have the Holliday jersey? If so can you email me pics? brianborsch@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    ahuff I have always looked at it like this if it is a super mega star player game used item you will get top dollar at a Sports Auction house but if the player is a common to a Semi/super star your best bet would be ebay.
    Also depends how how quick your looking to move the product. Ebay obviously depends on how long you list the item for Vs. an Auction house having to wait till there Auction ends and then them getting paid and then in return paying you.
    What would you consider Holliday?
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Why don't you sell it here?

Oh that's right they don't have a For Sale section here anymore.

LB

Banned

Ahuff please forgive me when i say this, Semi Star at the moment with potential to be a Super Star.

I do not follow Holliday only know of him really by name and in New York he is not mentioned much esepcially since he plays for a National League Team. I am a Yankees fan.

But I looked over his numbers and he has put up great numbers for only being in the majors a few years no doubt about that. But he is still young and along way to go.
    So at most I can give him is Semi Star with potential to be a Super Star.

His numbers make me a little uncertain if he is just a product of Coors field or not.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.