Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Sid Luckman jersey auction

I'm a little new to game used jersey's. Was interested in anyone's comments on a Sid Luckman used jersey on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI:IT&ih=010

Looks like the seller forgot about the jersey and just wants to sell it.
    Thanks Barry

Re: Sid Luckman jersey auction

I am not a Bears expert but if that actually is the real deal, which it looks to be, then WOW - what a great piece of NFL history! I'd be interested in hearing from any resident Bears experts about this jersey and what the estimated value on this baby might be. The seller doesn't have it listed in the game used category so that might hurt a little bit. Thanks for pointing it out and happy collecting.

I agree. I am sure this shirt is the real deal. It has now been outed on this forum. It has a weak listing, minus many keywords.
    Wonder how many offers to end early this seller will receive today? The auction houses are scrambling! Save the pictures folks...this may end early and be in a glossy catalog for a fall auction. Might be a $10,000 item. Thanks for posting...I would have never seen this item!

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    I agree. I am sure this shirt is the real deal. It has now been outed on this forum. It has a weak listing, minus many keywords.
    Wonder how many offers to end early this seller will receive today? The auction houses are scrambling! Save the pictures folks...this may end early and be in a glossy catalog for a fall auction. Might be a $10,000 item. Thanks for posting...I would have never seen this item!
    Great call! I too would have never seen this jersey and feel it has a very high likelihood of ending up on an AMI girl in the near future. This may sound really stupid so please forgive my ignorance in advance...but does anybody know if auction house reps frequent/read this site at all for these types of reasons?

EBay auctions often end up in glossy catalogs. There are numerous examples. No way of knowing about auction house employees and their trolling habits, but without a doubt, auction house consignors troll eBay and maybe this forum.
    Cliff Hagan hoop jersey, Robisch Laker jersey, etc.,etc. These are recent examples off the top of my head.
    There is nothing wrong with finding a good deal and turning a profit.

$75 to $910 in just a few hours...

Well, I'm the guy with the jersey and I really (obviously) had no idea what was hanging in my closet.

I have multiple offers. I'm a little stunned.

Can anyone suggest a source for authentification?

Could a jersy like this be worth over 20k? With freaking paint specs on it?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by javabob123 View Post
    Well, I'm the guy with the jersey and I really (obviously) had no idea what was hanging in my closet.

I have multiple offers. I'm a little stunned.

Can anyone suggest a source for authentification?

Thanks.
    Collectors want signs of wear. Any rips or tears that appear to be sewn and repaired? Add it to the game used category-NFL-football and maybe pay the extra 19.99 for the featured plus option on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by javabob123 View Post
    LOL, gotta love this country! You indeed appear to have something pretty valuable on your hands so be diligent and all the best in selling it.

Could a jersey like this be worth over 20k? With freaking paint specs on it?
    Those paint specs add character...and value.

Think Lewinsky dress.