Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Show us your game used college football jerseys

orange #29 whitfield with name on back !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

the last jersey i am posting, its the most prized college game worn jersey i ever own and i wuldnt sell it never !
    USC game used Orange Bowl #6 worn by Matt Grootegoed, he is one of USC legends...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Now to answer some collectors question.... YES collegejerseys added some nameplates on miami football jerseys, but dont get me wrong, most of them are original nameplates... One time i won brock berlin game used jersey on ebay from collegejerseys and when i got the jersey i culd tell the nameplate is added because of the different colors of oranges and the nameplate was TRIMMED into the half circle at each ends... it was cheap made because i do wash my jerseys sometime and i washed berlin jersey and letters fell off !!!SO I WULD SUGGEST WATCH OUT FOR THAT and ask scott about the nameplates on jerseys before you BID .....

secondly, NOT ALL SCHOOLS removed names on the back, some schools didnt follow NCAA policy however players who are still in school, yes nameplates must be removed... for example , syracuse university sells their football jerseys with nameplates....

Quote Originally Posted by beantown View Post
    Hazelus....nice Michigan jerseys...where is your Tom Brady...lol!

I am looking for one of his jerseys from his junior or senior year...ever come across one of those?
    Thanks.

I'd love a Brady Michigan jersey, but I have not seen any yet.

I've only been doing this for a short time.

I would like to get a Ty Law Michigan jersey too.

Just to clarify....

The NCAA rules say that the university is not allowed to sell jerseys with nameplates intact for players that still have eligibility remaining. Once the eligibility is gone, have at it.

In my case, I have a closet full of Tennessee jerseys, the vast majority of which have nameplates intact. The purchase of them wasn't actually done until years after the players' eligibility had been exhausted (anywhere from 5-15 years later, in fact). So no rules were broken, and I have some nice items.

As for the GT plates, I'd personally go ahead and get them made up but not have them attached. GT is my new second-favorite school since hiring Paul Johnson; as soon as he was announced I bought a GT hat.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Charlie Batch EMU jersey

Here's a gamer from Charlie Batch early in his career at Eastern Michigan University!

Name:  emufbjerseybatchback.jpg
Views: 1269
Size:  151.3 KB

Name:  emufbjerseybatchfront.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  130.3 KB

I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing each of the jerseys posted - thanks guys!

Tom

Go Pack!

[quote=Nathan;89453]Just to clarify....

The NCAA rules say that the university is not allowed to sell jerseys with nameplates intact for players that still have eligibility remaining. Once the eligibility is gone, have at it.

yeah you are correct BUT NAVY MIDSHIPMEN doesnt ALLOWED TO sell jerseys with NAMEPLATES ON THEM ... i guess they are part of government property .....as i know that navy doesnt usually sell jerseys in the past...

Just to answer any questions- I am the owner of the Miami jersey (Sean Taylor) being discussed and it was not purchased from collegejerseys.com. I have both a Taylor and a Kellen Winslow that were sourced back to the team. I am familiar with the nameplate issue and have researched the nameplates pretty extensively via Getty.

Goalie, I appreciate you retracting your comment. The Taylor was purchased in 2006 and I have researched it extensively.

As far as collegejerseys.com, I have looked at a number of their items but never bought from them. Looks like their stuff is pretty good. It would be good to hear of any experiences other forum members have had with them.

late 80's gamer of former Gator defensive back Will White. This one came from a former equipment manager which is why the name is still on the back. UF sells old jerseys, but the names are always taken off, regardless of whether the player is still active or not.