Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Re: Sid Luckman jersey auction

robert

Banned

That is pretty cool and it has a great story to go with it.

Now if only they can have a story like that one to go with the Sid Luckman.

Did the guy who asked for our advice who owns the Sid Luckman tell us if he got his requested terms of being paid in a prompt period of time, etc. from American Memorabilia?

Quote Originally Posted by javabob123 View Post
    I appreciate your feedback, but I can't imagine why I would want to avoid a reputable auction house that is willing (by contract) to pay a large advance, earn a modest commission and be willing to pay the proceeds within 5 business days. The jersey will be exposed to the maximum number of bidders and quite honestly, would be quite entertaining.

Then again, I might just put it on display in my den, behind the bar.

Nah.
    I assume AMI offered these type of terms to be sure they received this item. Now, I guess they just have to pay on time. I just figured the consignee would disclose to us if he received such terms and does he still feel safe after reading all the posts about AMI on that other forum I previously linked.

I think since making a deal with AMI the owner of this jersey in discussion has really kept quiet on this forum. This maybe someone at AMI told us about how evil this forum is?

Evil to some equals honest to others.

BTW....The jersey Sid Luckman is wearing on the cover (and inside) of the AMI auction catalog is NOT the one that they are auctioning. It is not the same jersey as you can see the difference quite easily. The one they are auctioning has a greater distance between the collar and the top of the number. The one Sid is wearing has the top of the numbers only about a half inch to an inch away from the collar.

Please note.....This is not to say that the jersey isn't legit.....It's just not the same one he is wearing in the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
    I've seen that a couple of times before, and each time I swear that the number underneath is 69. In fact, it seems fairly obvious. A 0 wouldn't have a bar through the middle of it, and it wouldn't have an obvious stop on a vertical bar. The fact that the second number looks like a flipped 6 (thus, a 9) adds to it.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Current bid is $25K with over a week to go.

Who wants to make a prediction on final price now that you have all agonized over the item's flaws (paint, lack of game use, number change, unwanted boob contact, etc)

My guess is $60K, but I claim no great expertise here.

Matt

I am going to guess roughly $40,000!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B1SON View Post
    I am going to guess roughly $40,000!
    After 20% - $50,000.

What in the world is a 20% buyers premium and how does anyone get away with it?

I am going to start my own auction house and charge 20% someday, but for now...

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    After 20% - $50,000.

What in the world is a 20% buyers premium and how does anyone get away with it?

I am going to start my own auction house and charge 20% someday, but for now...

Hopefully the seller will post again and describe his experience with all this...

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    Hopefully the seller will post again and describe his experience with all this...
    Ditto. I wonder how many weeks/months/years/decades will pass before he sees a check.

Quote Originally Posted by skipcarayislegend View Post
    Ditto. I wonder how many weeks/months/years/decades will pass before he sees a check.
    or presidential terms?

If the consignor wants the AMI Playbook for excuses as to why he's not getting paid...it would make for an interesting thread

But I guarentee you that the buyer got called by 9 the monring after the auction for payment