Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

My New Man Crush Part 2

I really like the Josh Hamilton thread...so I decided to make one of my own.

Ryan Ludwick

Might be one of the smartest things anyone in the Cardinals organization has done in recent memory (aside from taking a chance on a 12th round pick with no AAA experience )

Ryan was a capable 4th outfielder last year, but he is a STUD so far in 2008. He is basically a part time player with full-time star numbers. Here is his current line:

.350/12/32 - 28 runs

Albert Pujols:

.364/11/31 - 28 runs

Pujols has about 40 more at bats this year.

FINALLY, we have someone who is capable of hitting behind El Hombre who is healthy and powerful. Ludwick hustles, and makes things exciting. He is a large part of the early successes of the Redbirds. He also makes Chris Duncan expendable for the time being....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: My New Man Crush Part 2

I also like Schumaker. Which I've noticed, him and Ludwick have sort of been battling it out for an outfield position. Skip has his ups and downs, but I think eventually he'll be a pretty good player.

I just saw this post when I was digging through some stuff on here. I like Ludwick a lot. He is pretty underrated in my opinion. He is a really nice guy too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by flota89 View Post
    I just saw this post when I was digging through some stuff on here. I like Ludwick a lot. He is pretty underrated in my opinion. He is a really nice guy too.
    Cool. Are those your kids with him?
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by harpt View Post
    Funny Scott -

Hey Tyler...which one of those kids is you?
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am the kid actually . I'm on the right.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Oops, sorry about that. Very cool experience.

I remember when I was about your age. I had a broken foot and two of my heroes, Paul Molitor and Robin Yount, signed my cast before a game against the Royals. That was at least 20 years ago but I remember it like it was last week.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Oops, sorry about that. Very cool experience.

I remember when I was about your age. I had a broken foot and two of my heroes, Paul Molitor and Robin Yount, signed my cast before a game against the Royals. That was at least 20 years ago but I remember it like it was last week.
    Yea I am the same way. I seem to remember meeting every player on the Cardinals. They have some really nice guys (Wainwright, Ludwick, Ryan, Rasmus) and a few guys who I have seen treat little kids like dirt (Molina and Pujols at times). It's always a good memory when they are nice. Last year we were hanging out in the hotel lobby (Cards were staying there too) and Ludwick kept walking by. He recognized me and asked how I was doing. Well, he kept walking by so I asked him to give us a heads up on when players were coming. He walked by a couple times more and saw Wainwright and Schumaker getting off the elevator. He told me, so I went over there and got all their autographs. They were just hanging out in the lobby. I guess they were waiting because Blaine Boyer, Franklin, Rasmus, and Lohse all came down. It was just me, my brother, and all of them. It was pretty cool. Pujols even signed that day.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com