Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Angry 1927 Yankee Ball

Does this ebay auction look weird to any body.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Banned

Re: 1927 Yankee Ball

Yanks whats the deal with this auction do you think its the real thing or do you know something different to prove otherwise. I mean in all seriousness i would love to take a stab at bidding on an item like that, but due to the fact the person has very low feedback and that they are keeping the bidders private and that they are not showing the actual LOA does bother me.

What do you think?

Exclamation Re: 1927 Yankee Ball

3 transactions in as many months? Never sold anything on ebay before, now this? Bidder IDs kept private?

Don't even think about it !

Keith

Exclamation Re: 1927 Yankee Ball

Yeah I agree with you vwtdi. And to me something is funny with the photo of it like its from a google search or something. And why would he put it at $9.99 when a ball like that could be worth around $20000 and up.

Banned

I agree with the both of you, I just always hope to see the guy who doesnt know what he has and you get something great for nothing. ( IT IS CALLED WISHFUL THINKING ) lol lol lol It does happen I have recently stumbled across a few things at decent prices that were actually worth a lot more.

It can happen!!!

I agree the auction does look totally fake, but there is a backlash to it. If that bid goes over a certain amount and they rip the person off with stealing there money they can face some serious legal issues.

If I EVER question an auction in my mind (whether it be a gut feeling or something peculiar in the verbage, scan, feedback etc.), I tell myself I don't need to ask anyone else their opinion....

I already have my answer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025
    Yeah I agree with you vwtdi. And to me something is funny with the photo of it like its from a google search or something. And why would he put it at $9.99 when a ball like that could be worth around $20000 and up.
    I have discussed this in other threads, but I guess you missed it the last time I mentioned it:

Don't harass a seller for starting a bid at a low price. I start most all my auctions at .99 cents and I let the public decide the final price. It costs .20 cents to list a item starting at .99 cents or less and .35 cents to start a listing at $9.99 or less.

In a real auction world, you could start every auction at a penny and the public will set the final price for what your item is worth. Since I have had auctions end at over $10,000.00, I would say that this system is fine.

Just you cannot base if an autographed item is genuine based on the starting bid price - It is not even open for discussion.

Now, did you pay for the PSA Quick Opinion Service? I would think if you were going to bid on such an item, their $7.49 fee would be totally worth it.

http://www.psadna.com/quickopinion/(...)/Default.aspx

Wouldn't you spend the extra money and have a reserve price on something like this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4
    Wouldn't you spend the extra money and have a reserve price on something like this?
    Again, no.

I tried to list an item with a reserve last month. It cost $40.00 to have a $4000.00 reserve. That is insane. I find no issues with a seller who lists items at low opening bids to let the public set the final price. Remember, this is a public auction - I have no idea if the item is genuine, just I wouldn't base a decision on the fact that they don't have a reserve or a low opening bid price.

I did email the seller asking for more pictures and asking why they do no accept PayPal for payment. The lack of PayPal with only taking money orders is a genuine concern, as a buyer now has no protection.

If your item is genuine you should sleep well using this strategy of a low opening bid since in the long run the public will bid up items and pay reasonable market price.

Now, if you item is determined not to be genuine, I assume that will show in the final strike price also.

Post Re: 1927 Yankee Ball

Yeah I have to agree with you trsent. But still if i had a ball like that i would at least put a buy it now.