Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Re: 1927 Yankee Ball

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025
    Yeah I have to agree with you trsent. But still if i had a ball like that i would at least put a buy it now.
    Do you people sell on eBay?

If you put a buy-it-now on an auction with an opening bid of .99 cents (no reserve) once the first bid is placed, the buy-it-now disappears.

Angry Re: 1927 Yankee Ball

Quote Originally Posted by trsent
    Do you people sell on eBay?

If you put a buy-it-now on an auction with an opening bid of .99 cents (no reserve) once the first bid is placed, the buy-it-now disappears.
    Do you have quote everything we say.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025
    Do you have quote everything we say.
    Quoting a post you are replying to helps a user following a thread figure out what a reply is in response to. Sorry you take everything so literally. Don't you have school today?

Talking Re: 1927 Yankee Ball

Its ok. And no i dont have school i have the hole week off. But i got two things to ask you because you know a lot. First how much is a game used 2003 Curt Schilling signed bat worth. And second is im going to the WBC in florida do you know if they are going to use different balls for it.
    Thanks if you know.

Banned

I have no idea what your bat is worth, I have bought and sold around 5 game used bats in my life. I'm sure someone out there knows.

As for the WBC, I'm sure they'll have specially made baseballs for the games and I'd be sure they'll sell them down there and on eBay.

What would make you think they would use MLB balls?

Cause MLB is putting it on the WBC

Banned

If that is the case, I bet they still use special baseballs - Why would they turn down that opportunity?

trsent,Let's say the ball is genuine and it's value is close to $15-20,000. I understand your point-letting the market,which is considerable,find this items value-without unneccessary costly safeguards. But if this ball belongs to a family finally deciding to liquidate it's one and only important object,I wouldn't be inclined to "throw it to the crowd" on ebay and see where it lands. $40 is not a lot of money(or more for a higher reserve I imagine)to protect with a reserve something this important. Why? Because on ebay this item could very well settle between $1,500(and I'm being generous) and $12,000. And that's if the right people see it. If you were going to an auction house wouldn't you be paying them a percentage plus costs? So whats $40 or more to protect-and again if it's real-this very important item. Oh,and I was home sick today(note upon request).
    Robert
    ( Tom Hagen: Mr.Woltz,I'm a lawyer. I have not threatened you...by the way,I admire your pictures very much.)

Joel-In all this excitement I forgot to mention the biggest problem I have with this item-a 3 day auction.
    Robert

Banned

I don't get the Tom Hagen line, did I miss that movie?

I understand your point, but not everyone uses reserves. It is not our business or a reasonable factor to determine if an item is genuine or not.

I can understand any other thinking, and my point about not accepting PayPal is a big deal for a 3-day auction of an item. I did email the seller, I am still awaiting a reply.