Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Orioles Fanfest

Re: Orioles Fanfest

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    Just got back from the fanfest. Pretty disappointing. Very few bats, only Tejada and those were $80 GU jerseys were mostly coaches some pitchers, Chad Paranto, Jason Johnson, etc. and were $180. The only decent deals were on hat which were $5, got a couple of those including a Markakis.

If I am paying $180 per jersey, I would hope they would have at least have had some of the mid-level recognizable players. The rest of the even was great- my 3-year old loved it. The lines looked pretty long for the autographs but they had pretty much everybody signing.
    Did you happen to see any Markakis jerseys? Would you be interested in selling one his hat's? Please let me know at cjarone@earthlink.net Thanks...Chris

Drew it was nice to meet you and talk to you also.I did get a few Jerseys when they lowered the Prices on them.

Thanks
    Geoff

Wade it was also nice to meet you and talk to you for a while.Did you end up with anything.

Bill it was also nice to meet you and talk to you at your booth.I will be in touch soon.

Thanks
    Geoff

In all the Orioles Fanfest was okay after all.I got there at 545 AM and was first in line.The Prices started out at $180.00 and was Lowered to $150.00.So I picked up a Jersey then.I also picked up then 3 Tejada Game Used Bats.Came back later in the Day and the prices were $100.00 for Game Used Jerseys.I waited a little while and around 245 pm they Lowered them for the Last time to $75.00 for Game Used Jerseys and $30.00 for Practice Jerseys.So I went and looked through the pile and Picked a few Game Used Jerseys and Practice Jerseys that I will be Putting up on EBAY soon.Let me know if interested in them.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
    Geoff

Just got back myself from fanfest (about 3 hour drive for me).

I thought that the jerseys were priced high at first, but decided to purchase some when they were $180 (I did not know that they would lower them to $75 in the end). I did find a Rafael Palmeiro in there so I made sure I bought that one. After getting autographs throughout the day, I decided to head back and that was when the jerseys must have been lowered to $75. I bought some more then. If I would have know that was going to happen, I would have only bought the Palmeiro and held off on the others.

I decided against any hats or bats. The bats were basically all Miguel Tejeda and did not show a lot of game use, so I held off.

I thought it was a neat experience for me, but keep in mind this was my first time. I think I did notice Geoff from the message board. BTW, I was carrying a blue Phillies festival bag that held my balls that I was getting autographed.

Here is what I got.

Tejada bat - shows a little use.
    Chris Young dbacks cracked bat with chunk missing - $50 sam bat
    8 hats -
    Willis Roberts 2003
    MIguel Tejada 2005
    Unknown #55 - 2005
    Erik Bedard - 2005
    Adam Loewen - 2006 I'm pretty sure
    Adam Loewen - 2007
    Adam Loewen - 2007
    Chris Ray - 2007

Geoff,

All in all I had a good time at fanfest. Geoff, great meeting you...glad you stuck around for the prices to drop!!! I didn't come away with anything game used, nothing struck a cord with me early on and before I new it it was 3:15. I left with a Brian Roberts bobble head and an Adam Jones Autograph on the sweet spot of a new ML Baseball...plus I spent some time with my pops and family. I will go back next year...maybe even show up a little earlier, but I will definitely get sleep the night before.

wade

the hats seemed like the best bargain there. had i known i would have spent all my time just rummaging through those.

just curious- did anyone come away with any jerseys from any of their top tier players like markakis, roberts, bedard, sosa, etc.?

Thats what I would like to know because I did not see any top Star Game Used Jerseys unless they were gone within the First Minute because I was in the Room by then and had about 20 jerseys and looked up and saw the Price and Droped them all.I did get a Garrett Olson Game Used Jersey that I am Keeping as I have his Triple A Tides Game Used Jersey to Match.I also got his Hat and Practice Jersey.So I guess I am now Collecting Olson Game Used Items.