Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Players you dislike!

Roy Oswalt

Anyone on the Cubs (including their fans )
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Roy Oswalt

Anyone on the Cubs (including their fans )

I agree with you on the Cubs and their Fans

I dunno...I got to see (and hear) a lot of Cubs fans up close - full body shiver - during the playoffs last year. I would have to categorize them more as "to be pitied" rather than actively "disliked". A dumber brood I have seldom observed. During one game, in particular, I sat next to a three-generation family of six or seven, and I swear they didn't have more than a half dozen thumbs between them.

Quote Originally Posted by skipcareyisfat View Post
    I despise pretty much any player with Mets on his jersey....
    Yep! Well said. I took special joy in knowing so much of the Mitchell Report was directly associated with the Mutts.

Also on my list:

Mark Messier. As a Canucks fan, I'm bound by law to hate him

Steve Smith (The Blackhawk #5) For his cheap shot on Bure in 1996. He was never really the same

Chris Pronger. I hope someone accidentally slashes his Achilles heal in the playoffs. He is the cheapest dirtbag I ever witnessed. (especially trying to stomp on Kesler's leg with a skate blade.)

Boomer Esiason. Seriously, what an arrogant pompous ass. I hated him when he played for the Jets and he is simply disgusting to listen to on the radio. Get over yourself. You were the Trent Dilfer of your day, a never was. At least Trent won a Super Bowl.

Curt Schillling

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    I dunno...I got to see (and hear) a lot of Cubs fans up close - full body shiver - during the playoffs last year. I would have to categorize them more as "to be pitied" rather than actively "disliked". A dumber brood I have seldom observed. During one game, in particular, I sat next to a three-generation family of six or seven, and I swear they didn't have more than a half dozen thumbs between them.
    Coffee meet monitor via mouth.

This is an excellent observation. Except Dave M., my Ballhawk buddy and his fellow Hawks. They are super fans. Exception to the rule...

Dave
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

WOW WHERE DO I START WITH THIS ONE..............

I SECOND THE MOTION OF SKIPCAREY LOL LOL

Barry Bonds - name speaks for itself

Bob Gibson - not as a player but as himself he is extremely rude at signings

NOW MY ALL TIME 3 AND I THINK THEY ALL SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES BUT I WILL SAY IT ANYWAY

Carl Pavano - A waste of time, energy, money, and still taking up a spot on the yankees roster while he watches the games at home on tv.

Mike Hampton - Commands a high salary from the Mets and when they make it into the Post Season blames that he sucks because of the weather - well what did you expect when you signed with a team that has post season potential and plays in the North East????????? HELLO ITS OCTOBER - HOLD UP!!!! AND HAS BEEN SIGNED WITH THE BRAVES FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS AND STILL IS AND HAS YET TO EVEN PLAY IN A REGULAR SEASON GAME

Jaret Wright - Another waste!! was making 800,000 with the braves demands 5mil from the Yankees cuz we were desperate for a pitcher and does nothing for 2 years.

These are 3 that come to mind:

Pete Rose
    Joe Montana
    Kirk Gibson

Rose because I just thought he was full of himself and everyone liked him so as a kid I had to go against the grain on that one. Kinda liked him more after I found out he was a dengenerate gambler.

I respected Joe just because he is/was the best QB ever but I just didn't care much for him. I think it's the fact that everyone rode his jock here in the Bay Area and I wasn't big on the 49ers. Also because I believe they covered up his rehab stint one year when he supposedly had a major back injury but somehow miraculously returned. At least that was the rumor.

Gibson for the one hit he had during the '88 series vs the A's + the fact that there's no way he should have gotten the MVP that year. How do you give MVP to a guy with these stats .290/25/76. Plus the fact he had the demeanor of a horse's backside made him easy to dislike.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post

Kirk Gibson

Gibson for the one hit he had during the '88 series vs the A's + the fact that there's no way he should have gotten the MVP that year. How do you give MVP to a guy with these stats .290/25/76. Plus the fact he had the demeanor of a horse's backside made him easy to dislike.
    I will say this is possibly why Strawberry was supposed to get the MVP for this year and instead he was snubbed because of his off the field antics, so I can only imagine Gibson was next in line.So instead Strawberry came in as #2 for that year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post

Pete Rose
    Joe Montana
    Kirk Gibson

Rose because I just thought he was full of himself and everyone liked him so as a kid I had to go against the grain on that one. Kinda liked him more after I found out he was a dengenerate gambler.

I respected Joe just because he is/was the best QB ever but I just didn't care much for him. I think it's the fact that everyone rode his jock here in the Bay Area and I wasn't big on the 49ers. Also because I believe they covered up his rehab stint one year when he supposedly had a major back injury but somehow miraculously returned. At least that was the rumor.

Dewey-

By far, based on the many many interactions I've had with MLB players (at the park, charity events, etc.), Kirk Gibson is hands down the worst player I've ever met.

Personally, I had an experience back in the mid 1990's with Kirk Gibson that I'll never forget.

While living in Seattle at the time, I went to the Mariners/Tigers game in the old Kingdome. I had Gibson’s mid 1980's Tigers game worn helmet with me in hopes of having him sign it. Upon entering the Dome during the Tigers BP, I spotted Gibson near the first base line. When I called him over, I asked him to sign his helmet. He asked where I got it, and I explained it was obtained from a friend in Detroit and provided the name (this person used to drive a limo and in exchange for $$$, Gibson would pilfer game used equipment). I said it was from "our mutual friend XXX". Gibson then became upset, and said “XXXX is no FxxxIN' friend, he's and acquaintance" and walked down towards the dugout. I then positioned my self behind the dugout, and when he came out with his bat for BP, I again asked if he could sign it. He looked up, and screamed, "Where the FxxK did you get the helmet?" I again told him from our friend in Detroit. At this point, quite a few of the Tigers heard this confrontation and gathered around the dugout to hear this exchange. Gibson continued and said, "That Mother FuXXXr was stolen.....is it cracked?.....is cracked????". I told hi it was not, and he continued, "......I would have never have given away an uncracked helmet. I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what......I'm going to watch where you sit tonight and if I break my helmet, I'm comin up there and getting yours". I told him it was not stolen, and I would swap him even up for the BP jersey he was wearing. Likewise, I told him that he used to pilfer a lot of game used equipment in exchange for limo service and at this point he began to walk towards the camera pit on the left side of the dugout and climb into the stands, all the while screaming at me "FucX you you mother FXXXXr". As he took his final step into the stands and in my direction, coach Dick Trasuski grabbed him and screamed "You don't talk to fans like that". Then Gibson broke loose, and walked into the outfield.

Needless to say, Kingdome security and the Seattle Police came down to take a report and get my thoughts on the incident.

Following this incident, I immediately sold the helmet (unautographed!) and never, to this day, forgot my encounter with the great Kirk Gibson.

Howard Wolf
    hblkakewolf@patmedia.net