Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Namath's Game Worn Super Bowl Helmet? Nope.

You should be working for an auction house with your amazing knowledge of NFL items.

This should be a fun one to watch play out.

Quote Originally Posted by jwasserman View Post
    You should be working for an auction house with your amazing knowledge of NFL items.

This should be a fun one to watch play out.
    I agree. aeneas01, you should be making BIG money to authenticate helmets!!!

One of my pet peeves is people who just dont bother to do their job correctly.

With that said, it amazes me that a "professional" auction house has so many problems authenticating something (which is THEIR JOB) while a collector such as Aeneas who obviously holds down a full time job of his own can spot a fake with 5 minutes work of looking at images on getty....

sad, sad, sad........

again, excellent work as usual Aeneas....you are a credit to the hobby.

Jim

All one can do is say wow. I am not only continually impressed but even more appreciative of the incredibly informative posts you provide aeneas! As mentioned by Jim, you are a true credit to the hobby and an invaluable resourse as it pertains to NFL helmets. And best of all you share you information/research with the common collector here rather than sell out to auction houses. You have my vote for whatever it is you run for!

GO JETS!

It's pretty sad that they could call this one of the most significant pieces of football memorabilia of all-time, and yet is is obviously 100% fake.

What is that giant sucking sound? It's the sound of the reputation and credibility of this auction house and authenticator going down the toilet!