Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Namath's Game Worn Super Bowl Helmet? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Yes, chakes, that was the initial issue with the helmet. You spotted this by just viewing the pictures. Wouldn't you think a football historian would have noticed this also, without a trip to Dallas?
    For the record: I am NOT an expert on anything, nor have I ever claimed to be. Folks who claim to be "experts" are flirting with disaster.

Why doesn't someone simply ask Chris Ivy if Lou looked at any pictures or did any premilinary work before they put it up in the previews instead of assuming that's what happened or must have happened...Someone should get the proper story from Chris on this and post it..

Dave

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Why doesn't someone simply ask Chris Ivy if Lou looked at any pictures or did any premilinary work before they put it up in the previews instead of assuming that's what happened or must have happened...Someone should get the proper story from Chris on this and post it..

Dave
    Always the auction houses' #1 advocate here, right Dave? At least you stick up for more than just your fav, AMI, I see.

The real question is why SCD chose to spin this story instead of focusing on the huge error by Heritage in so visibly promoting a bad piece - either prematurely before they had it authenticated, or after some preliminary flawed approval by Lou.

But then we know why don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    Always the auction houses' #1 advocate here, right Dave? At least you stick up for more than just your fav, AMI, I see.

The real question is why SCD chose to spin this story instead of focusing on the huge error by Heritage in so visibly promoting a bad piece - either prematurely before they had it authenticated, or after some preliminary flawed approval by Lou.

But then we know why don't we?

Mike,

Your entire frame of reference for this hobby seems to be the forum, go broaden your horizons a bit.. All I said was somone should get the story of what happened from Chris Ivy...I'm not defending anyone, and personally see it as a big screw up on their part.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Mike,

Your entire frame of reference for this hobby seems to be the forum.
    Not even close, amigo, not even close.