Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
Tony,
It is plausible that Jeter did use the bat . Unlike today where most of the minor leaguers have their own names engraved on their bats .

Back in Jeter's years in the minors there wasn't a boat load of bat companies trying to sign players like today . There was Louisville , Rawlings , Cooper , and was Worth still making bats ?

In the 1970's Frank Wren used to live a few houses away from me when I was kid and he always gave us bats . They were all PRO STOCK's or team named . The Jamestown Expos he played for , I will have to double check that info. Yes that is correct , also West Palm .

I do agree that Howard should not be concerned with your task of authenticating the bat . Unless he is being sincere and is genuinely concerned for your welfare that you may have been duped in your purchase of the said bat.

Cheers ....
camarokids,

Here's what I have so far on this bat.

* I obtained the bat directly from the person who purchased it in 1996 from a well-known, knoweldgeable, and reputable game used bat dealer in the hobby. The bat was sold then (1996) as a Cooper Pro 100 "Yankees" Professional 271 Derek Jeter Game Used Minor League Signed Bat.

* The signature dates around 1994.

With that said, this bat would have been used by Derek Jeter possibily around 1993-1994.

Tony