Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Show us your ebay steals!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    Nice generic YANKEES bat that has a Jeter sig. How can you possibly claim and also prove he used this in the minor leagues?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Wow! Why do you have to put the guy down like that? This is why people dont like posting in this site. You just couldnt ask why he believes this is a Jeter Minor League bat.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    Wow! Why do you have to put the guy down like that? This is why people dont like posting in this site. You just couldnt ask why he believes this is a Jeter Minor League bat.
    Thanks for your comment. It's appreciate by many, although most won't say it because of the backlash they know they will get. There are some who think they have all the answers and feel the need to let it be know.

I never understand why some people have to be rude and think that they have all the answers. Yes, the question definately could have been asked in a better way. I didn't care for it myself, but took the high road and just answered the quetion.

There are many game used items out there that can't be backed up with documenation or proof.

This particular bat was given to a ball mark manager of the Nashville Sounds. Documentation is forthcoming. However, many will still argue the authenticity.

i should arod have to answer such rude questions from hblakewold if he isnt trying to sell him the item regaurdless of the authenticity it would still be cool to have a bat signed by jeter.

Everybody play nicey now !

All right lets get back to the topic at hand !

I got this beauty of an item for $30 after shipping . I bought quite a few team balls off of a local ebay'r . He then offered this "poster" without sending pictures . So I passed on the item .

I thought it was paper poster so I did not want to risk buying it . Upon seeing the pictures after the seller listed it on ebay , I wanted it . It is a hard plastic sheet that apparently was hung at the stadium or a store or ??? cause there are a bunch of two sided tape on the back of the board .

This was signed in Caracas, Venezuela during the Braves vs. Devil Rays series they played down there .

Name:  2000devilrays1.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  277.4 KB
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Tony,
    It is plausible that Jeter did use the bat . Unlike today where most of the minor leaguers have their own names engraved on their bats .

Back in Jeter's years in the minors there wasn't a boat load of bat companies trying to sign players like today . There was Louisville , Rawlings , Cooper , and was Worth still making bats ?

In the 1970's Frank Wren used to live a few houses away from me when I was kid and he always gave us bats . They were all PRO STOCK's or team named . The Jamestown Expos he played for , I will have to double check that info. Yes that is correct , also West Palm .

I do agree that Howard should not be concerned with your task of authenticating the bat . Unless he is being sincere and is genuinely concerned for your welfare that you may have been duped in your purchase of the said bat.

Cheers ....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Tony,
    It is plausible that Jeter did use the bat . Unlike today where most of the minor leaguers have their own names engraved on their bats .

Back in Jeter's years in the minors there wasn't a boat load of bat companies trying to sign players like today . There was Louisville , Rawlings , Cooper , and was Worth still making bats ?

In the 1970's Frank Wren used to live a few houses away from me when I was kid and he always gave us bats . They were all PRO STOCK's or team named . The Jamestown Expos he played for , I will have to double check that info. Yes that is correct , also West Palm .

I do agree that Howard should not be concerned with your task of authenticating the bat . Unless he is being sincere and is genuinely concerned for your welfare that you may have been duped in your purchase of the said bat.

Cheers ....
    Thanks! The bat is a 100% authentic Derek Jeter Cooper Game Used Yankee Team Signed bat. I have documentation forthcoming that will confirm it. Bat was signed in 1994 (see example). 1994 was the only year jeter signed his signature this way. The end of the signature is the way to tell it's from 1994). Also, being a Yankee Team Bat from the early 90's, you're correct, there would be reason to assume/believe he used this type team bat.

As far as Howard being genuinely concerned for my, definately not the case. When I first joined this forum and showed my two louisville slugger blonde game used Arod bat, many made comments about it's possible, but Arod was know to use black bats in games and blonde bats in PB. Howard did nothing but attack me and my bats. I was new to this website then.

It's not just me. As those who came to my defense, they saw it the same way.

I don't know why some people thrive off being rude to others. There are some pretty knowledgable people in this forum. And then some like me who is learning. There's no reason to be rude or attack anyone, unless attacked first I guess.

Anyway, thanks for you comments. Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to "Show us your ebay bargains"

Nice stuff guys. I once saw a Gary Carter game issued 1988 NLCS Rawlings Adirondack go for about $80 on ebay. Unfortunately I was not me who won it and saw it after it ended.

David

Well I guess this one should go under steals/ heartbreaks... I got this 1950 letter from Joe Dimaggio on an original Yankee header for $54 framed, matted, shipped.... Unfortunately that was a few weeks ago.. and now it's "LOST" and I'm in the process of trying to get my money back.. anyways here it is.. the J is faded
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to "Show us your ebay bargains"

Nice stuff guys. I once saw a Gary Carter game issued 1988 NLCS Rawlings Adirondack go for about $80 on ebay. Unfortunately I was not me who won it and saw it after it ended.

David
    David,

I was offered a 1988 Gary Carter game issued NLCS bat not too long ago -- maybe 6 months to a year back? Anyway, I may have the contact details of the seller... If you want them, email me. I am sure that if he still has the bat (there's always that chance, right?), he wouldn't mind a potential sale.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    David,

I was offered a 1988 Gary Carter game issued NLCS bat not too long ago -- maybe 6 months to a year back? Anyway, I may have the contact details of the seller... If you want them, email me. I am sure that if he still has the bat (there's always that chance, right?), he wouldn't mind a potential sale.

Nick
    I'd be interested. pls send the info to metsbats86@aol.com.

Thanks Nick