Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Show us your ebay steals!!!

I won on ebay almost two years ago a Greg Vaughn Sam Bat (see pictures) off ebay for only $15 plus shipping . The bat has so much use ,it is amazing .

The seller posted crappy pictures on the auction , so I had him email me better pictures .

After I won the auction , that is when the fun started . It took me about three months to receive the bat . The seller claimed the bat was damaged through transit by UPS and that UPS told him the bat was beaten up and he was filing an insurance claim .

I was trying to tell the seller just have UPS ship me the bat and if I am not happy with it I will file a claim . For I had a feeling UPS was describing game use not actual damage .

Well after many heated emails back and forth , I told the seller I was in touch w/ a UPS supervisor and I would email copies of invoices to the supervisor at UPS to make sure he only received $15 for the bat instead of the $100 it was insured for . This changed the sellers tune pretty quick . I finally received the bat in perfect game used condition .

I emailed the ebay seller after I received the bat and explained the bat was in great shape . I have never seen a seller leave positive feedback so quickly . I gave him positive feedback despite the trouble....

Name:  gregvaugncollection1.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  408.7 KB
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Please stop telling sellers their prices are too low, it's their job to do their homework and we love bargain hunting!
    I just like the price to be fair for all. There are some times I am happy to get a great deal. But when the seller is in danger of being ripped off, then something needs to be said. That's especially the case when an item is misrepresented or the seller doesn't know an item's true value. We should really be careful not to take advantage of people.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

$149 on ebay it is the only one I have seen ever Turk Wendell game worn NY Cubans jersey.I am looking for the date the game was played..

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    I just like the price to be fair for all. There are some times I am happy to get a great deal. But when the seller is in danger of being ripped off, then something needs to be said. That's especially the case when an item is misrepresented or the seller doesn't know an item's true value. We should really be careful not to take advantage of people.
    I agree ! But if people are dumb enough not to do some simple research before selling an item ? They have a computer , put the damn thing to work !

In my case , the seller is selling a FREAKING SAM BAT and post a picture of the back side of the bat . Sam Bats sell usually somewhat higher than others , in my opinion . I don't the seller lost out too bad . Maybe $30.00 , maybe more , if he had better photos .

A Mizuno of Vaughns just sold for $25.50 plus $15 shipping on ebay . The Mizuno auction could have gone higher but I stopped bidding at $25.00 because I already have two of them .
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

I disagree totally. Its the sellers responsibility to be aware of what he is selling, period. If someone undersells an item, well, crap happens.....

"Let the seller beware" is just as good of advice as "Let the buyer beware".

Jim

A while back, I happened to be doing a team name search on eBay, and came across a 2001 World Series-marked Danny Bautista LS gamer - only the second WS-marked bat I've ever seen from that Series - listed in the wrong category - I think it was under something like "Fan Souvenirs and Memorabilia". Probably as a result of that, there was very little bidding, and I ended up winning the auction for 46 bucks.

No, I didn't contact the Seller before the auction ended and suggest that they pull it and relist it under "Game Used", in order to increase the bidding. I did come here to gloat, though, as I recall.

Sometimes, it's best not to say anything after the auction, either. I remember a few years ago, winning a couple of signed gamers (they were even in bat tubes) for $12.50 each, from a Seller who lived nearby and had found them at an estate sale, and telling the guy (after I had the bats in hand) that they were selling in the Team Shop at the stadium for just about twenty times that amount. I thought the man was gonna cry.

Banned

Dont forget your assuming the seller doesnt know what the bat is worth, maybe the seller does know what it's worth and just wants to get rid of it because they have no interest in it.
    Then you turn around begging them to "please charge me more for your bat" (this was a metaphor - didn't mean actual begging)

Banned

Attached is a Duke football that I got from eBay. The ball was offered with a "Buy It Now" price of $150.00 - so I bought it immediately.

The football has been re-sold but I have to make one additional comment, when I saw it, I could not believe my eyes.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thought I would learn to post my first picture today and show something I consider a steal. Picked up a 2004 Sean Casey game used Reds jersey for $107. Pretty good for a fan favorite of many Reds fans.

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Adam%20Albertsen/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/e44f_1.JPG[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

These were listed as Jimmy Jackson shoes....if you are familar with autographs you will quickly tell these are not Jackson's....but Dominique Wilkins...I got them for a very, very good price