Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

It Happens Every Spring...

This photo was taken by Pulitzer Prize winning journalist and sports photographer, Arthur Daley. Photo was taken in Arizona, March 1956. I own the original negative...looks like a Rockwell painting, doesn't it?

Re: It Happens Every Spring...

Great Picture BTPH. I am a huge Rockwell fan. This one easily could have been an inspiration for him. Many noteworthy images in the shot. Thanks for sharing.

Great photo. What teams/players are shown? I've noticed a great seller on ebay who offers photo negatives w/rights along with first generation photos for sale. Goes under the seller name "lexibel". Below is an example of the negative you can own with rights. By the way,why did Eric have to edit the initial post-seems harmless enough?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1961-World-Serie...QQcmdZViewItem

Hey there

I edited out the unnecessary jab at Bernie in B-T-P-H's "signature"

Eric

I know its the Chicago Cubs...maybe against the Orioles. I have a few others, I will post later. Yes, I see many different slides of Daley's baseball photography on eBay. Anyone know if I really have legal rights?

My signature was "WWPPD?"...What would Pistol Pete Do? (still my favorite line when playing H-O-R-S-E at the YMCA). Pistol Pete Maravich, one of my heroes. Yes, my posts before this one were a knock on the person in question. I understand that it looks like I was being "cryptic". From my past insults, I understand why I was edited. There is no place on this forum for religious or political views! Including, if you attend the "Church of Pistol". I have deleted my "signature".

"...for Pete so loved the earth, that He....just kidding!"

I realize this is a photo from spring training...but look how close those photographers are to first base...

Banned

Four photographers, didn't the three tell the other guy to wear Khakis that day?

The 1st baseman pictured for the Orioles is none other than Bob "The Rope" Boyd who would go on to hit .311 for the birds that season (first of five years with the Orioles).