Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Here ya go A-Rod apologists!

Suave, I think there are two different things here. You have the right to your opinion that ARod is overrated, doesn't hit in the clutch, etc. But that is a whole different thing from accusing him or any other player of drug use when at this point there is no credible evidence of it. I've never seen you accuse ARod of being a drug user. You and 3ARod13 could have a discussion about ARod's merits and I'm sure you would both disagree with each other to a great extent. However, the person who started this thread did it with the clear implication that ARod is a drug user. Right now there is no "evidence" that I am aware of besides some statements by Canseco that imply he has something on ARod that he didn't put in his first book. Just because there is a person we dislike that doesn't give us the right to accuse them of something without evidence. I'm sure you would dislike it if someone started accusing Posoda of drug use without any proof and the same goes for ARod.

Had a typo on Posada.

Banned

cjclong your absolutely right i agree with you, but as you said I never accused him of taking any drugs because I don't know the guy and don't know what he does after he leaves my house from dropping off game used equipment lol lol JUST KIDDING!!!

So my point was to have people discredit AROD & Slander, although it may not be right but it is to be expected since he is who he is and getting paid as much as he does for who he is suppose to be.

Thats all. No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by cjclong View Post
    Suave, I think there are two different things here. You have the right to your opinion that ARod is overrated, doesn't hit in the clutch, etc. But that is a whole different thing from accusing him or any other player of drug use when at this point there is no credible evidence of it. I've never seen you accuse ARod of being a drug user. You and 3ARod13 could have a discussion about ARod's merits and I'm sure you would both disagree with each other to a great extent. However, the person who started this thread did it with the clear implication that ARod is a drug user. Right now there is no "evidence" that I am aware of besides some statements by Canseco that imply he has something on ARod that he didn't put in his first book. Just because there is a person we dislike that doesn't give us the right to accuse them of something without evidence. I'm sure you would dislike it if someone started accusing Posoda of drug use without any proof and the same goes for ARod.
    cjclong, again "Well Said." I find it odd how so many people display their hatred toward others. Some even jump into threads that have a total different subject, yet, come into the thread showing they're hatred towards that player in many ways.

I don't defend anything Arod does. Don't have too. Arod has to defend what Arod does. Not me.

I think Arod's work ethic, intensive play and performce (yes, not including the postseason) is what I like about Arod. Is he perfect? No. Are any of us perfect? No.

With that said, I'm done.

Regards, Tony

Banned

cjclong just to add I am kicking myself as we speak for supporting Clemens as I personally thought this whole time he was clean. And it was a huge gulp to swallow to accept a Red Sox as a Yankee but I did and embraced him. I have always backed up Clemens since the rumors started on him a few years ago and with conviction. People said look at him he is so big of course he does roids or hgh, but if you look at him his whole career including in 86 he was never a small or skinny guy he was always a bit on the husly side.
    Now I feel stupid because at this point I do believe he is guilty .

....well hell,I'm a Jason Giambi fan so that pretty much says it all.I'm not a big fan of A-Rod,in fact,if he woulda left I wouldn't of minded.However,there hasn't been any proof he did anything and,if anything,his physique has hardly changed at all over the years unlike Pudge,Bonds,Mac,Giambi or Sosa.Doesn't mean he's done nothing,just means it hasn't been proved yet.
    ....Personally I'm tired of hearing about it already.The era was what it was,MLB certainly knew & didn't care when baseballs were flying outta the park at a record rate,attendance was way up after Mac & Sosa saved the game in '98, and they weren't catching any heat.And as for the government,they should be more worried about a resolution to Iraq than whether baseball players were doing illegal substances.

Oh,and Suave,come on man...you had to know Clemens was using something!Look at a pic of him in the 86 Series vs today.It's Bondsesque!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...always looking for game-used JASON GIAMBI equipment!