Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Ebay Jordan 1994 Sox Jersey

As an avid Michae Jordan game worn baseball equipment collector, I've been fortunate enough to obtain a complete White Sox outfit worn by Jordan at Spring Trining, 1994. It includes his black pre-game jersey, grey panst, shoes, hat, wristbands/batting gloves and several bats. I'm still seeking a game worn helmet.

Several of his "game worn" jerseys have surfaced, however, it's interesting to note that Jordan never wore a home, road or black alternate jersey (only wore BP's during spring training) for the White Sox except for one game in 1994, the Windy City Cassic (and a photo shoot for Upper Deck)

Currently on ebay is a "game worn 1994 Jordan black alternate from this specific game":
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:X:AAQ:US:11

The seller specifically notes the following:There are Jordan basketball gamers available, however, his baseball jerseys are few and far between. The significance in this is its rarity and that it is a 1994 jersey with the 125th MLB Anniversary patch.

Attachment 6776

Name:  JORD 2.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  52.7 KB

As most advanced Jordan baseball equipment collectors are aware, Jordan's jersey in the 1994 Windy City Classic was VOID of the 125th patch! Interesting that the seller specifically makes note that his has the patch, when every available photo demonstrates the lack of such a patch! Furthermore, the position of the N to the 5 on the back of the shirt is completely diffeent than photos of Jordan at this special game.

The seller was emailed with this information, however, no reply has been received as of this posting.

FYI

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Re: Ebay Jordan 1994 Sox Jersey

Good points and all, Howard, but at that price why not take the risk?
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Banned

No Patch at all.
    Here's Jordan in a home White pin stipe jersey

Banned

This beckett was from April of 94

The home white is most likely a Birmingham Barons jersey.

Mike

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    The home white is most likely a Birmingham Barons jersey.

Mike
    The baseball card of Jordan in the home uniform was taken for the 1993 Upper Deck WHITE SOX TOP PROSPECTS card.

Note he is wearing #23. He wore #45 with the Sox, and also in Birmingham.

Again, Jordan did not wear a game jersey (only BP jersey) while with the Sox in 1994 at spring training. He did, however, wear the black alternate jersey for one day in 1994, during the Windy City Classic, as noted.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard,
    What do you think the Becketts cover is from?

Mike

Banned

Another "Jordan White sox home gamer" currently on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320218173533

Can someone explain why a 1991 White Sox jersey (sleeve patch) has 1994 tagging? Also, if indeed it is from 1994, where is the 125th Anniversary sleeve patch?

Size 44? Wilson tag in the collar, yet the strip tag in the tail?

Jordan played one game in 1994 with the Sox, and wore the black alternate jersey void of the 125th patch. All other activity with the Sox in spring training saw him wearing his black mesh pre-game jersey.

The seller indicates in the description that it was obtained from the White Sox, yet when I questioned him, he notes, "Dear hblakewolf,
    My best friend works for the sox and got this jersey ditectly from MJ. Sorry for the confusion..."
    All of these issues were emailed to the seller, with the lone response noted above.

Possibly a Forum reader with knowledge of White Sox jerseys from this era can add to this thread.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

I emailed that seller about his Barkley jersey a few weeks back, telling him it was a custom job with the wrong number style, IMO.

Howard,
    The patch on the sleeve is not the 91 variety, but the correct Comiskey patch for 1994. The strip tag is also correct for a Wilson jersey from 1994.

The Wilson tag in the collar looks more like a retail tag and should be in the tail above the strip tag.

If I had to guess what this jersey is, I would say it was created for a photo shoot for Jordan or someone's creation.

Mike