Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 1994 Bills Throwback Question

i found the pictures from my email ..
    i made mistake , its size 44 not 42, the ebay blank kelly on back throwback jersey is size 44 too, sorry for error...
    heres pictures, includes GF COA
    i asked the seller about the numbers and he told me the numbers are rubbering like/silk pressed/iron on and the KELLY is painted/screened on the nameplate...
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Banned

Unfortunately, can't find useful pics of that one game in 94 and the quality of these pics are too poor to see or tell much. Can't really read the GF letter, tell materials, etc.

The ebay jesey is the same size, same year and has a GF LOA, not the same?
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    Unfortunately, can't find useful pics of that one game in 94 and the quality of these pics are too poor to see or tell much. Can't really read the GF letter, tell materials, etc.
    i personally ASKED the seller about the numbers material compare with KELLY on the nameplate ,what he told me that the kelly is painted/screened on and the numbers #12 on front, back and sleeves are different than the KELLY and its in rubber like, silky numbers pressed/ironed on
    thanks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mchmaj View Post
    i personally ASKED the seller about the numbers material compare with KELLY on the nameplate ,what he told me that the kelly is painted/screened on and the numbers #12 on front, back and sleeves are different than the KELLY and its in rubber like, silky numbers pressed/ironed on
    thanks
    I've had some exchanges with seller and he seems for some reason not to wish to add pics to the listings but rather to email them to requesting parties. Odd way to ebay IMHO.

Yea but they sell. he sold an Everett 1994 throwback and a Wilkinson Bengals throwback with no pics. Whatever the seller wants to do is up to him.

I bought from Woodfern, if asking for pics he's very personaly and friendly to give you what you ask for. how he wants to sell is his business.

Thanks for the jersey by the way.

Marcus,

It is very important in the context of this disucssion to know that the Kelly jersey that was listed for sale in this Forum several weeks ago is the same one listed on ebay. It is also the same Seller.

Also, it bears repeating what I stated in an earlier thread about terminology. Some collectors interchange the terminology in describing "screened-on" numbers as some call it "ironed-on", some call it "painted-on", some say "silk-screened", and I have even hear the term "rubberized" numbers. When I hear a collector say "ironed-on" numbers, I assume that the numbers are "screened-on".

I have known WOODFERN for a long time and am familiar with his collection of 1994 "throwback" jerseys that he is in the process of selling. The Kelly jersey has been part of his collection for a few years. I have not seen the jersey in person, so I will reserve any comments about it being "game-worn", but in conversations with WOODFERN over the years, I can assure you that he usues the term "screened-on" interchangeably with "ironed-on". In other words, it means the same to him. If he sees a jersey with "screened-on" numbers, he will often say "ironed-on".

Although the photos are not very clear, there is nothing that looks unique or unusual about the numbers. It is the classic Champion-style font as was typical of Champion jerseys manufactured in 1994, and the numbers appear to be the typical "screened-on" numbers of that era.

I hope this information is helpful.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by mchmaj View Post
    the different terms of painted/screened on AND iron/pressed on, they are totally different style of putting numbers on the jersey, and yes i do agree that iron/pressed on is SAME thing with the SILK numbers and rubbering numbers.....

i already see the pictures of throwback kelly jersey and I ASKED SELLER THUR EMAILS before i posted on this FORUM so i DID FOLLOW THE RULES !!!
    i told the seller that the numbers doesnt look right and BILLS never wears iron/pressed on numbers (SILK/rubbering like numbers)
    I DID MY HOMEWORK AND RESEARCH... i assume this forum is to help each other but seem you are pushing me away and toddhead posted highway sign of man with computer, so this is a JOKE !?
    i am trying to help people here and i explained to the seller about the numbers on the jersey, he just didnt show he cares and hoping someone will buy it without notice the numbers , then yet now hes listing it on ebay WITHOUT pictures, he tend not to list them with pictures, doesnt it brings up some questions ??? i do not question the sellers , BUT only the jersey itself
    thank you
    marcus

I have to disagree with you that the Bills never wore silk screened or iron on numbers. I have a 95 champion jersey and a 99 puma jersey of Phil Hansen. The numbers and letters on both of them are ironed/pressed/silk screened (however you want to say it). 1 jersey is directly from the Bills and the other is photomatched. They are also both verified to be gamers from Phil himself, who is a friend of mine. I am not claiming to be a Bills expert, but the jersey's I have look very similar to the pictures of the Kelly jersey, especially the 95 champion that I have.

Hope this helps a little.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    Marcus,
    Also, it bears repeating what I stated in an earlier thread about terminology. Some collectors interchange the terminology in describing "screened-on" numbers as some call it "ironed-on", some call it "painted-on", some say "silk-screened", and I have even hear the term "rubberized" numbers. When I hear a collector say "ironed-on" numbers, I assume that the numbers are "screened-on".

I have known WOODFERN for a long time and am familiar with his collection of 1994 "throwback" jerseys that he is in the process of selling. The Kelly jersey has been part of his collection for a few years. I have not seen the jersey in person, so I will reserve any comments about it being "game-worn", but in conversations with WOODFERN over the years, I can assure you that he usues the term "screened-on" interchangeably with "ironed-on". In other words, it means the same to him. If he sees a jersey with "screened-on" numbers, he will often say "ironed-on".

Although the photos are not very clear, there is nothing that looks unique or unusual about the numbers. It is the classic Champion-style font as was typical of Champion jerseys manufactured in 1994, and the numbers appear to be the typical "screened-on" numbers of that era.

I hope this information is helpful.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net
    mark, why didnt you just listen to me ? ? i already provide facts and you still yet questioned me .......
    i already MENTIONED that the SELLER TOLD ME HIMSELF that the KELLY letters on the back are DIFFERENT material than the NUMBERS on the JERSEY, SUCH AS the kelly and the stripes on each sleeves are painted/screened on and the #12s are different and they are like the shiny numbers as silk rubberlike "yes you are right the KELLY and stripes are different materials than the #12s" that what he said on the emails between us.
    facts provided enough, mark ???
    thank you very much
    my problem with this forum , no one believes me what i have said about BILLS jerseys .... why is that so HARD ?? i got many primary sources of BILLS uniforms history, and whats more my BA is in history !!! so i know my research and i already proved some BILLS jerseys that are bad ones and some are good ones from the owners of the BILLS jerseys.....
    marcus

heres link of 1994 bills john fina game jersey on ebay
    it speaks of itself .....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=011

i have sold 1995 PAUP #95 jersey on ebay couple of years ago and its heavy painted/screened on
    not the iron on , i think you are right bills worn rubber like numbers maybe in 1998- 1999 season with PUMA or logo athetics... the iron on numbes is different because the rubber like numbers are softer and the iron on numbers are harder materials. good example of the iron on numbers, the 80s la rams and bears worn them ....