Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: 1994 Bills Throwback Question

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    Marcus,

It appears that you are not clear on several issues being discussed.
    1. Toddhead and WOODFERN are discussing a Bills throwback jersey that was made for use in the 1994 season. I cannot speak about the Bills throwbacks in 1994, but their regular-season jerseys in 1994 had screened-on numbers.
    2. You stated that the Bills never wear ironed/pressed-on numbers. It is a well-documented fact that the Bills wore screened-on numbers for many years.
    3. Toddhead did not say that he bought the Bills jersey from WOODFERN. He stated that he had bought a throwback jersey (obviously not this Bills jersey) from WOODFERN and the transaction went well.

If you have a problem with the jersey, please follow the Forum rules and address the Seller directly with your concerns. To accuse someone of adding numbers with no evidence to support your belief is horribly unfair to the Seller, and certainly not within the spirit or intent of this Forum.

If you can educate us with the facts and provide evidence of such facts, it would be most appreciated by all. Most importantly, to do so would have avoided the ugliness that has transpired in this thread. That's the reason the moderators set rules for posting - to hopefully avoid this type of thread.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net
    wow i must overlooked the toddhead's statement .. but i dont understand why he brought up about his deal with woodfern... the topic is about bills throwback jersey and its not any of woodfern throwback jerseys issues....
    once again this topic is about bills throwback jersey question.....i dont care about woodferns business with anyone else... we all know that BILLS worn screened/painted on numbers , and dont we all agree that BILLS NEVER wear iron/pressed on numbers ??
    thanks
    marcus

Marcus,

Some collectors interchange the terminology in describing "screened-on" numbers as some call it "ironed-on", some call it "painted-on", some incorrectly say "silk-screened" (an entirely different process), and I have even heard the term "rubberized" numbers. When I hear a collector say "ironed-on" numbers, I assume that the numbers are "screened-on".

With regards to WOODFERN's jersey, he offered it for sale in this Forum several weeks and you asked for photos according to that particular thread. WOODFERN has now put the jersey for sale on ebay.

Toddhead brought up his deal with WOODFERN because you have insinuated in this thread (your initial post) that WOODFERN probably added the numbers after he bought the jersey. Toddhead is stating a fact in defense of WOODFERN while you are stating a potentially damaging assumption that was not supported in your post with any concrete evidence or facts.

Do you not understand why WOODFERN is upset and Toddhead posted in WOODFERN's defense? It wasn't a question about the jersey iteself, but rather the suggestion that WOODFERN altered the jersey that stirred their posts and mine.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
    I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post
    Marcus,

Some collectors interchange the terminology in describing "screened-on" numbers as some call it "ironed-on", some call it "painted-on", some incorrectly say "silk-screened" (an entirely different process), and I have even heard the term "rubberized" numbers. When I hear a collector say "ironed-on" numbers, I assume that the numbers are "screened-on".

With regards to WOODFERN's jersey, he offered it for sale in this Forum several weeks and you asked for photos according to that particular thread. WOODFERN has now put the jersey for sale on ebay.

Toddhead brought up his deal with WOODFERN because you have insinuated in this thread (your initial post) that WOODFERN probably added the numbers after he bought the jersey. Toddhead is stating a fact in defense of WOODFERN while you are stating a potentially damaging assumption that was not supported in your post with any concrete evidence or facts.

Do you not understand why WOODFERN is upset and Toddhead posted in WOODFERN's defense? It wasn't a question about the jersey iteself, but rather the suggestion that WOODFERN altered the jersey that stirred their posts and mine.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net
    the different terms of painted/screened on AND iron/pressed on, they are totally different style of putting numbers on the jersey, and yes i do agree that iron/pressed on is SAME thing with the SILK numbers and rubbering numbers.....

i already see the pictures of throwback kelly jersey and I ASKED SELLER THUR EMAILS before i posted on this FORUM so i DID FOLLOW THE RULES !!!
    i told the seller that the numbers doesnt look right and BILLS never wears iron/pressed on numbers (SILK/rubbering like numbers)
    I DID MY HOMEWORK AND RESEARCH... i assume this forum is to help each other but seem you are pushing me away and toddhead posted highway sign of man with computer, so this is a JOKE !?
    i am trying to help people here and i explained to the seller about the numbers on the jersey, he just didnt show he cares and hoping someone will buy it without notice the numbers , then yet now hes listing it on ebay WITHOUT pictures, he tend not to list them with pictures, doesnt it brings up some questions ??? i do not question the sellers , BUT only the jersey itself
    thank you
    marcus

i forgot to mention about the jerseys numbers. mostly importantly, when i saw the pictures, the major problem is the letters KELLY on the back is SCREENED/PAINTED ON the nameplate sewning on the jersey while the numbers are iron/pressed on (silk/rubberlike numbers) the jersey ....
    that is what i came with the questions with the kelly throwback jersey
    Whats more...... i saw the same blue BILLS throwback jersey with KELLY on the back on nameplate without numbers #12s with the same size 42 and year 1994 taggings from EBAY that was sold for maybe $150-$200 COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO. REMMY here i dont know if WOODFERY bought the kelly blank jersey from ebay ......
    this is just information of facts i am sharing
    marcus

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mchmaj View Post
    the different terms of painted/screened on AND iron/pressed on, they are totally different style of putting numbers on the jersey, and yes i do agree that iron/pressed on is SAME thing with the SILK numbers and rubbering numbers.....

i already see the pictures of throwback kelly jersey and I ASKED SELLER THUR EMAILS before i posted on this FORUM so i DID FOLLOW THE RULES !!!
    i told the seller that the numbers doesnt look right and BILLS never wears iron/pressed on numbers (SILK/rubbering like numbers)
    I DID MY HOMEWORK AND RESEARCH... i assume this forum is to help each other but seem you are pushing me away and toddhead posted highway sign of man with computer, so this is a JOKE !?
    i am trying to help people here and i explained to the seller about the numbers on the jersey, he just didnt show he cares and hoping someone will buy it without notice the numbers , then yet now hes listing it on ebay WITHOUT pictures, he tend not to list them with pictures, doesnt it brings up some questions ??? i do not question the sellers , BUT only the jersey itself
    thank you
    marcus
    We may have language issues here, Marcus. It's clear english is your second language and that may be part of the reason why your posts come across as a bit "know it all" re: Bills' items, a bit rude and condescending, a bit arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    We may have language issues here, Marcus. It's clear english is your second language and that may be part of the reason why your posts come across as a bit "know it all" re: Bills' items, a bit rude and condescending, a bit arrogant.
    you rather looking at english of writing on the forum THAN being BURNED with bad jerseys ??
    i am just sharing the FACTS here, and i am BILLS expert and why cannot u respect that ?
    thank you

Marcus,

You are very helpful with your insight of Bills jerseys, but you need to understand that your posts come across as very confrontational. It may not be how you are intending them to be, but that's the way they are coming across.

There is really no need to bring up the e-bay jersey because it is not the one in question. Every time you bring it up it comes across as you accusing WOODFERN of buying it, altering it, and trying to pass it off as the one he purchased from Grey Flannel a couple of years ago.

Not trying to pick a fight here, just trying to help you understand how your posts are coming across. Maybe if you just focus on the jersey instead of WOODFERN this post will serve the original purpose it was intended to.
    Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
    I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toddhead View Post
    Marcus,

You are very helpful with your insight of Bills jerseys, but you need to understand that your posts come across as very confrontational. It may not be how you are intending them to be, but that's the way they are coming across.

There is really no need to bring up the e-bay jersey because it is not the one in question. Every time you bring it up it comes across as you accusing WOODFERN of buying it, altering it, and trying to pass it off as the one he purchased from Grey Flannel a couple of years ago.

Not trying to pick a fight here, just trying to help you understand how your posts are coming across. Maybe if you just focus on the jersey instead of WOODFERN this post will serve the original purpose it was intended to.
    Agreed, what I was trying to explain to Marcus.

Unfortunately the only 94 Kelly on ebay has ZERO pics to even see the item or the Grey Flannel paperwork. Without that everyone including any prospective bidder is flying blind.

can someone please post a photo of this jersey as it may be easier to follow. it is impossible to prove to anyone about the numbering if there is no photo to backup what is being stated. Marcus can you help with the photo's that were sent to you?
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !