Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: What's Everyone Do For A Living??

Quote Originally Posted by GoTigers View Post
    BMH.. sounds like a dream job for most people on this forum... I'd love to make the jump from furniture to bats... Don't be surprised if me resume shows up there.
    Most the time I would agree, it's a fun job. BUT, it does have it's downside. Like this morning, I get an email from Nomar's agent. He is requesting all his bats now be hand turned instead of produced on our CNC. His agent says Nomar can tell the difference between our HT and CNC bats. My problem with his request is we haven't hand turned the bats since the early 80's and Nomar has never used one.
    Brian Hillerich

Assistant district attorney in Texas. Interested that there are so many members of law enforcement in the hobby.

former dishwasher, linecook, nypd undercover/detective/sgt., corporate lawyer, airline corporate counsel/asst treasurer/VP..just starting my next chapter...weŽll see.

G

High School Biology Teacher
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    I am the Pro Bat Division Manager for Louisville Slugger. I also design, copy, create all new bat models used in Major League Baseball.

My days are spent making sure the bats being made match the orders and ensuring quality control is being met. Basically, I play with wood...
    BMH,
    I would be interested in obtaining some bat records for Jim Thome. Could you email me below. Thanks in advance. Roger

thomecollector@cox.net

I sell drugs.......Legally

I work for a Commercial Glazing contractor. We install curtainwalls in office buildings ..........That's the glass you see on these big office buildings.....

I coach for the Schaumburg Flyers in the prestigeous Northern League, Independent baseball. I've been in Independent baseball for 13 years, managed a year in Caserta, Italy major leagues. Was a batting practice pitcher for the Blue Jays (1984) and Detroit Tigers (1985-1991), was seen in the movies 61*, Hardball, and One in a Million: The Ron LeFlore story. Love this forum waelchli29808@yahoo.com

I just saw Hardball on TV a like 2 days ago. What character did you play?

Inventory control manager.