Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Post Your Stolen Or Lost Items!!!!

That's excellent news! I'm glad something positive happened with the situation.

"Items stolen after Pat Burns' funeral"

I just saw this on espn.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5866907

2011 Civil Rights Game game used baseball from the Braves MLB hologram number FJ 180788 came up missing when UPS said it was delivered at 4:45 on June 1st. I arrived home at 5:30 to no packages
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Michigan Wolverines 1997 National Championship Ring Stolen in Florida.

Link

I have been to 30-40 sports collectable shows in my life time. In the past 5 years I have been talking to dealers and they all stat that at most of these shows they are having problems with stuff on there talbe walking off. The last two Tristar shows I have been to I have seen people sneeking cards into there bag and walking off. I even saw a team of three guys that sat next to me in the food court walk up to a table from 3 different angels and talk to the dealer on one side of the talble while their buddy on the other side of the table stole 5-6 BOXES of cards. As a dealer you need to be looking out for other dealers.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Post Your Stolen Or Lost Items!!!!

Back at the 1983 National, a person still active in the hobby today (although not universally loved nor respected) was showing off by flashing $1500 in hundred dollar bills at a table when he set the money down on the table to look at a seller's jersey. Needless to say, while he was inspecting the potential purchase, some anonymous attendee grabbed the wad of bills and slithered off before anyone noticed. Of course, if someone's flashing cash and trying to play high roller publicly, they're kind of bringing this on themselves.

Dave Miedema

Not lost in the traditional sense, but in 1985 I sold a large group of game used bats for about an average of $10 each. Though many great players were included (Ozzie Smith, Dave Winfield), I'd sure like to get my 1969 Jose Arcia autographed gamer back one day.

Banned

Unhappy 2 Cubs 1995 BP jerseys

I have a strong hunch that these were swiped by a non-collector Cubs fan who stayed with us for several months, but was jailed for something unrelated. The jerseys are Cubs (Cuba-front) blue mesh Majestic BPs from 1995 (no year tags) of #35 Bob Patterson and #45 Kent Bottenfield. Reward is offered, and jerseys are likely still in the Chicago area. Thanks.

Dave Miedema
    sox83cubs84@hotmail.com