Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Game used items stolen by wife

Hi

This is a real case . I am going through this now with the cleats from my other posts. The funny thing is that i have a written COA from his ex wife Mrs. Leyritz confirming the cleats as game used.

Thanks
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    One last note-- and I should say I have no opinion on the ownership of your items, and am offering no opinion on the coach--, but I once had a player's lawyer contact me to say an expensive item I won at auction was stolen from the player and I should return it. After minimal research by the auction house president, records showed that the item was not only never stolen from the player, but the player never owned it. I gave these facts to the lawyer, and he never returned message. So I learned that just because someone official claims something was stolen, doesn't automatically mean it was stolen.

You are quite correct. Anyone can make an allegation of theft. If it was in fact stolen there should be a police report documenting the theft. Then if it turns up down the road it is in fact stolen property. Of course proving intent is a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    If the were stolen from him, they are his not yours. You can't legally purchase and own items that are stolen.

However, you don't know that they were stolen. Just because he says she stole them, doesn't automatically prove it true. In a marital property marriage, the wife owns the stuff as much as the husband, and she may or may not have assumed legal ownership after breakup.

If they were stolen, you would have legal right to get your money back.

A guy can't even get his own d##n shoes in a divorce settlement these days

Banned

Do you know him or her personally? You write as though you do.

I'm sure there are divorce papers covering who got what, if you want the cleats that bad tell him to produce some backup for his claim they were "stolen" or are his under the divorce settlement.

Of course, you can count on never getting them signed if you fight him over this.

But, given his legal problems these days, he's about as likely as O.J. to come after you over these...

Oh wait, hmmm. Well, at least stay away from Vegas if you decide to keep 'em.

Hi

I don't know Jim personally, but i know some of his people. He has in the past signed some of my game used items and personalized them. Something he doesn't like to do. I had an opportuntity to buy the cleats so i did. I never thought they would be stolen.

Thanks
    Jason

Remember that possession is 9/10 of the law! If you have them, he will need to prove that they legally belong to him. If they are that important to him, I'm sure they would be listed as going to him in divorce papers. The who's property is who's is all up to the court to decide and it will all be spelled out.

Even then he will be hard pressed to prove that THOSE shoes are indeed the ones that were stolen by his wife. I'm sure he wore many a pair through his career and can't positively keep track of all of them.

Enough with the legal stuff....your best bet is to get him to sign the shoes and offer him to add a note to her COA with some kind references to her. I'm sure getting to deface (or add in our opinions) her COA would be very therapeutic for him. In the end you end up with a one of a kind COA and a great collectibe.

Jim may want those cleats back when he has to fend off all the guys in prison which he should be sent to after killing that person drinking & driving.

At this point, it would be unrealistic to get the cleats signed. Just my humble opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Jim Leyritz has people?

Perhaps Mr. Leyritz should offer an amnesty program whereby any of us (oops!), I mean, anybody wishing to return his game used items gets a free pass and visitation rights.......
    Attached Images Attached Images