Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Post Your Stolen Or Lost Items!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Question, were any of these items actually reported as stolen to the local police? If not, I would suggest that be done.

All of the items show are unique items. As such, once they are reported stolen, the police can add serial numbers, tagging schemes, usage on the bat etc when the individual item is logged into the NCIC/SCIC computer system.

If any item(s) shown up on eBay, eBay WILL cooperate with law-enforcement.

Jim
    Jim -

The police will not do anything with UPS becasue they are a private service entitiy. I have tried that before.

The best excuse I have heard is: "What kind of moron places his $70,000/yr job on the line for a stupid bat.?"

And they wonder why people suddenly snap.

Dave
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Many bats are stolen by UPS employees. They are easy to identify and UPS delivery people will still leave an empty box, knowing the contents are missing. Must find a better way to mail a bat so it's not so obvious it's a bat.

This was my post from the past thread about this subject:

When it happened to me, I was so lucky that I saw the UPS guy running away from my house and towards his truck. When I yelled to him that the box was empty, which was obvious, and he then came back and I could tell he was playing dumb. No way could he not tell the box was empty, especially when one end was open. Oh, the tube was in there, but not the bat. If it fell out, the entire contents including the tube would have fallen out. Yes, someone definately attempted to steal it. I called and then ran straight down to UPS. Yes, by the time I got to UPS, they found the bat. They said it slipped out somehow and they found it. Yeah, I bought that story.

I got lucky. Many don't. How people can rob and steal from others in the performance of their duties, is beyond me. We live is a greedy society. Truly sad!

Regards, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by mchmaj View Post
    NEVER MIND i found it thur finder on the computer
    heres the pictures............
    guys, i need your help... i finally found split2323's email address and i emailed him saying "subject: hello there, david cone yankees grey 1998 jersey i sold to you and you told me u didnt get it but theres a story about you so i wuld like have it back and please ship the cone jersey to my address." he replied back "i cannot read ur emails, are you 3 years old
    cone i never got any cone from you, want to make up storys, how about all bad stuff you sell want to start with that
    you have way to much time on your hands

im going to start a thread about your bad sttuff, dont email me again with this bull****, i paid you,you never sent it, i asked you what proff+you had none
    dont email me again i cant be wasting my time look out for what im going to write about you"

then i replied back go ahead i dont care you did the same thing to other people and i sent it with correct zip code and everything... i dont care what happened and i do understand so pls send it back and problem will be gone
    smile
    then he replied back "dont have your cone never got it
    go back to school and learn to read+write
    LOL,
    then i replied back saying you can make it up and send it back to me and i will tell people that you made up and everything and i am sure you are a good guy inside you...... and then he blocked my email, AS he already blocked my old email ....
    so i really need your help, and what shuld i do ?
    hes in syossett, NY and i think he still have my jersey from what i read his emails.......
    let me know
    thanks
    marcus

Guys,

It's great to get all the input on the stolen item stories, but lets try to keep this post to strickly post pictures and brief synopsis of where it was stolen, this way members can easily see the items without having to scroll thru all the comments. There is a thread for all the stories.

Thanks
    George

ok well I will start off on all the stuff my ex stole from me.
    If anyone has received or seen for sale in the last 2 years any large number of Oakland A's game used gear (including Huston street cleats, Jason Isringhausen cleats, Kevin Appier cleats. Johnny Damon batting helmet) or some autographed Athletics bobbleheads please let me know at the following email

Mdragon75@aim.com

There was also a Barry Zito game used bat in the same lot of stuff and close to 200 autographed baseballs. alot of just random autographs plus team signed balls from 2000 through 2005, 2 Tony Gwynn sweet spots balls, 3 Ryne Sandbergs, 1 Frank Robinson. 2 Paul Molitor, several Zito's, Tim Hudsons, Mark Mulders, Huston Streets as well.

Now on to recent thefts after reading your threads I was the victim of UPS theft. My mother had gotten me a Jay Payton and Donnie Murphy bats at the A's fanfest and had shipped them to me. One tube showed up empty and the other tube did not show up and has an "exception" listed for the tracking.

Stolen Picture From My Collection

Ebay # 360032616787 shows 2 pics of a Larry Bird jersey.
    The one on the manequin is the jersey i have in my collection !!!!!!!!
    visible at:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/converse33

just mailed to the seller, waiting for answer

Re: Stolen Picture From My Collection

I've had this done before. I contacted eBay and they ended the auction.

Bottom of the auction.

Report This Item>
    Copying of Your Listing>
    Picture Was Copied w/o Permission

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...romZR40QQfviZ1

When I read your post, I thought it was some kind of scam. But, the seller is just an idiot. He's selling some crappy replica that looks nothing like your real Bird. EBay will end the auction, if you email them. Could this be a forum member(or lurker), who used a link to your webshots?

Geez, that's a funny one...

Using a photo of your jersey to sell the cheapest replica I have EVER seen... I wouldn't take one of those crappy jerseys for free.

You have a TON of jerseys!! nice collection