Best experience with an athlete is far and away Jeff Bagwell. I met him once in Houston, and held up a sign proclaiming how many miles we flew to see him. We had to get the security guard to point it out to him, but once Bagwell saw the sign, he came over to sign everything, including a game used bat, which he doesn't like doing apparently. My Dad explained to Bagwell how this was my 13th birthday present - coming to see him - and Bagwell even wished me a happy birthday.

The story gets better, though. We have a home in Arizona, and later that season, the Astros were playing the D-Backs in Phoenix. Jeff Bagwell hits the game-winning HR in extra innings. Then we go out to a steak restaurant, and there is Bagwell with Brad Ausmus. My Dad again takes me up to meet Jeff Bagwell and tells him how big of a fan I am. I get to high-five Bagwell, and he treats me like any other human being. The next day at the ballpark, we called over to him, and he signed my jersey and my brother's t-shirt. My favorite experience by far. Bagwell was my favorite player before meeting him, but the way he treated me really made a big impression.