Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A Tale of Two Fisks

As I was surfing around I stumbled across something. Two 1991, home, Set 1, Carlton Fisk jerseys. Both different jerseys. One sold by Lelands a long time ago and the other in Mastro's current auction. See images below.
    I'm not implying that anything in the least is wrong with either of these jerseys. I'm simply posting to a) show 2 1991, home, set 1's and b) to let any potential buyer for the Mastro Fisk know that there is another Set 1 home out there.

Rudy.

Banned

Re: A Tale of Two Fisks

KingJammy ok maybe I am naive on this one but, you said these 2 are different. I don't see it, what is different?

One is signed and the other is not, but both are set 1 1991.

Banned

Nate I understand that!!! I meant the actualjersey it self what is the difference? I am sure that is not why KingJammy pointed this item out.

Line up where the "Sox" and the "72" is in relation to the buttons and that in itself is a huge difference in placement. Which one is correct remains to be seen...

Could there be,as discussed before,more than one of the same issued? The pinstripe matching to where they touch the patches and numbers are different for both, does anyone have a matching year to compare? Is it too technical in that the teams pinstripe pattern would be the same to distinguish against an odd jersey?

Banned

Well I can definitely say swoboda that a lot of the time there are more then 1 jersey issued to a player. It really depends on the owners of the team if there willing to flip the bill for extra jerseys or if the player is important enough to the owner to request an extra 2 jerseys or such. I actually recently learned this about the Yankees. That up untill the mid 90's they would recyclye over and over the same jerseys to the players but then steinbrenner decided to let them have usually between 2 - 4 jerseys each. He would let them keep 1 and the club would keep the rest. For players who would get 4 jerseys would be players such as Jeter or ARod. For obvious reasons, you don't want to upset your Marquis players!!!!

Suave: The "notable point" is that there are 2 home jerseys each labeled "Set 1". Technically, there is only supposed to be 1 home jersey (and 1 road jersey and 1 alternate) per set. Subsequent jerseys are typically labeled set 2, 3, 4, and so on. You can have 100 sets, but usually only 1 home jersey per each set. While not unheard of, it's somewhat rare to see 2 home jerseys both from the same exact set and year.

At any rate, because these are pinstriped jerseys, I thought it might be fun to find photos. Unfortunately I was unable to find a decent photo of Fisk in 1991 in his home jersey, showing the numbers.

A somewhat interesting image nonetheless. I know I'd love to know if anyone out there had the same year/style/set jersey as me.

Rudy.

I don't think it's uncommon at all for star players/future HOF'ers to have multiples of a set/year. Can't say I've ever seen a set tag higher than 2. I'm not following the logic of your thread here!

Banned

Rudy, we have debated this before, but Set 1 doesn't mean there is only one home jersey and one road jersey. Often a player will have multiple of the same set jersey, this is common knowledge.

Now, use your magnifying glass and find differences from these two Set 1 jerseys to show issues and make us proud!