Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 218 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON View Post
    Gridman,
    The Snell jersey is as good as it gets. The Namath look great also. Any more pictures of those, tagging ect, would be appreciated. I have been looking for a good Riggins for years. You have a great Jets collection.
    jdr,
    A fantastic Redskin uniform. How rare is that to have the pants also.
    cohibasmoker,
    I really like that jersey also.

Attached is L. C. Greenwoods Pro Bowl jersey. It was used 1-29-79. I obtained this directly from Greenwood and have his letter stating that he sold it to me. I figured I would never have a opportunity to buy one of his Steeler gamer so this was the next best thing considering it came to me direct. It has good use on it for a Pro Bowl jersey.

I am really impressed at the quality of the older jerseys that members have. Several of these are as significate as any in the hobby.

It might be interesting to give a cutoff date and have the members list for their top 5 or 10 from each decade shown here.

Roger

Roger, Your collection is impressive...You have an excellent eye for quality. Please drop me your email address when you have an opportunity.

My email is: irestorecars@sbcglobal.net

I have to add my 2003 Ray Lewis to this thread. It is one of my best jerseys. This jersey I have photo matched to the following games:
    11/16/2003 vs Dolphins
    11/23/2003 vs Seahawks (the game where the left shoulder marks first appear)
    11/30/2003 vs 49ers
    12/7/2003 vs Bengals
    1/3/2004 vs Titans (AFC playoffs)
    The photo attached is from the Bengal game.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Cool thread...purchased several items from the nephew of the 49'ers equipment manager during the 50's and 60's. Among the items that pertain to this thread is a 61 coaches jacket and a 68 Wilson F2000 lid. I had never seen this type of jacket before and was having difficulty with any type of photo match but while going through programs from the 1961 season one program, 12/10/61 vs. the Packers shows the coaches wearing this exact jacket. Other lids Niners 57-58 F2000 RP, 54-55 Wilson, 60-61 Riddell TK-5, Chargers 68 Riddell TK-2, 70's Willie Harper and Earl Cooper S.B XIX shirts.

What a great Munoz Jersey !!

Bigklu18,

I looked for a good Munoz for years, I really like it. I am trying to match it to game tapes. I think it way used in '85.

barry-debi
    The Willie Harper, Nebraska player, is one I would like to see picures of. Nice stuff.

Here are a couple of Mike Rozier's, since were talking Nebraska. Both are hammered with multple game use, I have both photo matched.

Roger

Roger...speaking of Nebraska remeber Tyrese Knox. I think he went for 450 w/6 TD's his senior year against my High School. Nebraska must have seen his Mike Rozier like performances against us every year. Regardless if a Tittle or not your Giants jersey is very sweet. In the spirit of Kevin Green and his generosity by giving back to the old timers don't let Greene know you have one of his gamers he'll probably want it back to raise more $$$ for the old timers. Will attempt to post a couple of more pics. Barry

Had no idea he was from Nebraska. A very underrated, under appreciated and undersize linebacker who played with great passion and integrity who deserved a seaon like 1981. True Niner fans will never forget Willie Harper. Was pleasantly suprised to see it surface. I imagine there are not many of these floating around.

Kevin Greene has became a good friend over the years. I have restored several cars for him, he is a Dodge Charger collector.

He gave me 2 of the 5 jerseys I have of his, and a helmet. He did not have a Ram jersey in his own collection. The last time he was up he was looking at my '90 Ram jersey. I showed him the photo matches I had to 3 games, you could see the repairs to the right shoulder and chest. He told me if I ever wanted to sell it let him know. His birthday is July 31. I gave him the jersey for his birthday this last year. It was one of my most prized possessions, photo's attached. He is really a good guy, I hope he makes it in the HOF.

Roger

WOW! Excellent story on Greene Roger. That's an amazing jersey and to give it away for his birthday is awesome.

Love those Rozier jerseys, especially the Oilers jersey. Those jerseys are fire.

Roger,

Please stop posting pictures of that Ray-Ray jersey. I get jealous every time I see it.