Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 218 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

incredible items to say the least...

barry-debi, as a collector of vintage helmets i'm particularly interested and impressed with your rare, vintage helmet collection. as a matter of fact, your collection actually represents one of the main reasons why i find vintage helmets so interesting given that it's an excellent example of how certain teams opted for particular makes of helmets. the niners, as your collection shows, were among a handful of teams that sported wilson helmets during that era; the bears were also famous for wearing wilson's as well. then you have the st. louis cardinals that favored rawlings, as did the baltimore colts.

i know that the bears and cards opted for wilson and rawlings helmets because they were manufactured in their area. however, i'm not quite sure why the niners chose wilson as well given their geographical location - i'll have to look into that.

anyway, those are some beautiful helmets that you have. if you ever get a free moment, do you think you could post several more pics of each helmet showing the sides, back and interior? it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm pleased to see more and more great stuff coming out of the woodwork here.

Roger, that's a great Rozier Falcons jersey. Since you collect Heisman winners, this one's for you: Desmond Howard's white Packers jersey, worn in every away game (the ones they wore white in, anyway) in 1996. Some blue impact marks are evident, from the last away game at Detroit. Howard broke the NFL record for punt return yards in a season wearing this jersey.

Guy
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Guy,
    I really like that jersey. I do not have a Desmond Howard. If you ever want to sell it let me know. irestorecars@sbcglobal.net

The 90 Rozier is really a nice peice. I have matched it to the 49er game on 10/14/90 and the Bucs on 12/2/90. I believe it was worn in more game due to the wear and repairs.

Roger

A few helmets

One of my favorite receivers. Rookie jersey...5 repairs...

Which Lewis would you take?

OK so I am incredibly biased but give me Mo over Ray any day! Mo is the greatest LB in Jets history - could rush the passer, cover, stuff the run, anything you needed a LB to do. Unfortunately he played on some pretty bad Jets teams and will never get the recognition he deserves outside of the Jets circle. And let us not forget...without Mo Lewis there would be no Tom Brady. I was at that game when Mo knocked Bledsoe's lung loose the first game after 9/11 and the rest is history.

From Wikipedia: Lewis retired after the 2003 season with 1231 tackles(883 solo), 52.5 sacks, 14 interceptions for 241 yards, 79 pass deflections, 29 forced fumbles, 13 fumble recoveries for 74 yards, and 5 defensive touchdowns in 200 career games. He made the Pro Bowl three time during his career, in 1998,1999 and 2000.

Not a shabby resume. Here is his rookie jersey hammered with wear and tons of repairs, one of my fav pieces. GO JETS!

that's some kind of collection gridman80 -

i didn't realize it until just now but we've exchanged emails in the past - i had asked you about some vintage facemasks you had listed on ebay and you were nice enough to email me photos of your helmet collection. i also mentioned that i recognized a few of your helmets from previous auctions.

btw what model rawlings is your cardinals helmet? it has a very similar shape to the rawings ridge hnd9 but it doesn't appear to have a ridge.

Aeneas01...54-55 Wilson. Thank you for your kind words. Those are some exceptionally sweet Steelers and Card lids. When you have some spare time please post some of your other helmets you have collected. Thanks in advance.

Aeneas01...1957-58 Wilson F2000 RP I'll post more pure your request.

Aeneas01...1960-61 Riddell TK-5 6 Point.