Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 52 of 218 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Great photos of the Lions/Rawlings helmets! Is the photo of player # 28 a clear shell ?
    In regards to the rivets on the clear shells the Rawlings CSH had no rivets (only screws) so it was perfect for restoration while the Macs and Kelleys have not been re-riveted.
    In the Macs/Kelleys the suspension part is held in place by the front and rear pads and the rivets are glued to the helmet's outside shell. I am still debating having them done but as you probably know the Mac/Kelley rivets are about a 1/16 larger in diameter than the Riddell rivets.
    That is not the green ridge I was going to use but that looks great, is it from ebay? I was watching the 49ers Ridge on ebay as well : )
    Finally, here is a photo of the Bears / Wilson F2000 clear shell I restored.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That Bears helmet is just absolutely amazing. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by yosef777 View Post
    In regards to the rivets on the clear shells the Rawlings CSH had no rivets (only screws) so it was perfect for restoration while the Macs and Kelleys have not been re-riveted. In the Macs/Kelleys the suspension part is held in place by the front and rear pads and the rivets are glued to the helmet's outside shell.
    i was wondering how you did that... even though not riveted, it still displays perfectly! and what a great job on that bears helmet! i think any vintage helmet collector has a soft spot for clearshells - they are just so unique. i also really like clearshells that aren't the usual suspects (mac, maxpro & kelley) - it seems like just about every helmet manufacturer had their own version back in the day (rawlings, wilson, nokona, etc.).

here are some interesting ones - i especially like the wilson f2002 (with the cards decal) and the rawlings hbzc-1 (red one with yellow "m", exact same leather padding and configuration as an hnd)....

robert

Thanks to all for the kinds on the Wilson clearshell!
    Wow those are some great clear shells. Does the Cards/Wilson helmet have the decal under the shell (looks like it is on top of a rivet)?
    Never seen that Rawlings clear shell model (the red/maroon one) before although I recognize the Patriots CHS model and the Nokona from ebay.
    I included a photo of a Cards later model MaxPro called the 'SuperPro'. I think it is actually a Kelley MH 100 (Mac MH100) shell mold that they used for the SuperPro model. It is definitely a different shape from the 'Kineomatic 21' model. (The Kineomatic 21 shell is rounder or more bulbous than the teardrop or sloping shaped SuperPro. Also the SuperPro had Riddell like 'wildcat' nose bumpers and vinyl padding almost identical to the leather padding of the Kineomatic 21's ). Anybody have any info you know about the SuperPro?

There was a Denver Broncos Maxpro Kineomatic 21 that just sold on ebay for around a grand. Anyone here know the story on it? Was it the real deal, or, someone's project? The interesting thing is you weren't able to view the auction just a short time later after the auction ended. So, maybe someone clued in to the fact that it wasn't legit? Just a very nice fake?

Ok, just confirmed that Broncos Maxpro was the real deal, and what a stunning lid. Thanks!

Ok...I see my Broncs mentioned but can't find in the thread a picture of the lid you are talking about. Did I miss it or could you please post it?

Thanks!

Tom

It's ridiculous that I have to keep digging through pages to find this thread.
    Seriously, GUU admins, do us football guys a favor.....give us our own little corner here in "baseball land" and make this a sticky.

Right...........I won't hold my breath.

Meanwhile, I'll do my part to try and at least keep it on the first page.

Bernard Berrian 2006-2007 seasons orange alternate gamer.
    Definitely used in the '07 game against Detroit and most likely also used in the '06 game versus the Niners since all the alternates appear to have been made prior to the '05 game against the Niners and used once a year thereafter until JO Sports got 'em. Berrian didn't play in the '05 game so it's almost a certainty this one was only used twice.

I hear you buddy. I am not a baseball guy either and we are defintely the minority!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

This is my 1992 game worn Barry Sanders home. I bought this in the summer of 1993 from a Detroit Lions/Oakland co. special olympics auction at Northville, MI. Upon taking it home, and knowing nothing of proving authenticity, I went down town and bought a couple Pro Football Mags that had Barry pics that looked suspiciously like my jersey. To my shock, I was able to make a 100% photo match which is demonstrated here. The pic was Barry on the Road vs TB 1992. I then compared it with 20 pics I took vs Minn '92 and it matched them also. The jersey has a strange corkscrewed "20" on the reverse which I will not photograph. (I'll keep an ace in the whole). It shows up game after game on DVD.
    After owning or purchasing every DVD of Lions wearing blue jerseys, 1992, it became obvious that Barry Sanders DID NOT CHANGE HIS JERSEY that year. I simply cannot find any image that does not match the holes and rips in my jersey, several of which occured in the 1st home game of the year vs Minn(which I attended with over 20 of my own personal photos of Barry.) Equip managers later told me a max 2 jerseys were prepared for him that year. I'm positive he only wore one.
    This jersey is a 1992 Wilson. It has no patch. 1992 was the only year between 1991 and 1994(the Wilson years) the Lions wore no patch of any kinds. 1991 had the JRT patch. 1993 had the 60 year patch. 1994 the 75 year patch. In the middle of 1994 the Lions switched to Apex.
    Yet I have seen my very unique jersey sold at auction in excess of 20 times. Sometimes the same one rerouted. I have seen these appear in most major venues authenticated by many of the major authenticators. Its disgusting. The fakes aren't even close in most cases. Easy to spot if you know what you are looking for. One honest member in here had one recently posted on ebay with multiple letters of authenticity from several of the big names and auction houses. Its heart breaking. More pics later but I also own Barry's only game worn 1991 home and that one has been sold multiple times also. I challenge any of these sellers/authenticators to show me the evidence of exactly which game their jersey was worn in. They can't. The real 1994 Barry road I recently sold to RGibson is one of only 3 real Barry's I have ever seen in any public auction. More later.
    To match jersey with pic simply notice configuration of meshholes inside and around the "20".