Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 218 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Dr. J----- Any idea which Pats players lid that is??? I'd give my left arm for it if it began to Steve Nelson!!!!!!!!!!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

drj - thanks very much for posting a photo of the inside of your helmet; it's a real gem and imho a steal at $300 - even 10 years ago! want to hear something rather jaded? whenever i come across rare gems such as your steelers helmet or look at some of the beauties in my own collection i'm always reminded that they will forever be very valuable items, will always fetch very strong dollar amounts. not only because of obvious reasons such as their sheer rarity and authenticity will ensure their value, which is true, but also because there will always be unscrupulous buyers that will immediately recognize them as rare helmets that could very easily be turned into "game used" finds worn by a hall of famer; immediately recognize them as $1,000-$2,000 investments which could reap $5,000+ once altered and authenticated (which i have no doubt they would be). pretty jaded, eh?

beantown -

i've only come across one on ebay in the last 3-5 years - it's pictured below and sold for $100.

Aeneas,

Thanks for the kind words on the Maynard helmet. Also the time it took to post the picture. I do believe that is the helmet I have. I had to pay a lot for it. With that being said, it is real , that is the bottom line. The fact that it was worn by a great player is just extra.

I had a real good Cardinal helmet that was worn by Irv Goode. It came directly from him. I still have one of his jerseys. During a divorce in '99 I was forced to sell a lot of my collection and the helmet was one of the things to go.

Roger

B1SON - I assume your asking about the Pats helmet that aeneas posted. I have no way of knowing who it belonged to, but it doesn't look like the mask I remember Nelson wearing. I'm on the lookout for a Pats helmet myself - player doesn't matter.

aeneas - yes, I think the old helmets (and jerseys for that matter) will always command a nice price. I wish I had purchased more vintage helmets when I started collecting years ago instead of the 80's and 90's models I bought. I've really seen some gems over the years. But honestly I was collecting and not investing, so that's why I stuck to the cheaper, more modern helmets at the time. I still think most helmets are a good investment as long as teams don't over-saturate the market (but I can see that happening). As for unscrupulous people, your right about that. I bet my Alvin Maxson would fetch top dollar with a little number/mask play.

Hi,

Here are a few Broncos jerseys [the pictures in front of each are their photo match] and then some close ups of Rich 'Tombstone' Jackson's jersey. It is trashed [42 repairs], I've added some pics of the inside and some of the odd material that was used in the repairs.

Thanks

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Jake51,

The Jackson jersey is rare and a great jersey, not disrespecting the others at all. It may have the most repairs I have ever seen. I like to see how the repairs are made from the back, thanks. Does it have a tag on it you could show? What is the exact year? You have them displayed very nice too. What about the helmets? Real game used?

I collect Auburn players. Attached are a couple of shots of my display. All are game used.

Roger

RK, Where did you get your metal jersey stands? Those are really cool.

Todd

This is a great thread showcasing some tremendous items. I hope we can keep it up. I'll try to add a few for Packers fans. Here's a 1972 Sand-Knit worn by center Ken Bowman. The neck size tag and washing instructions tag are missing. Tons of repairs, plus a customized hole to allow a chain to connect from his arm to the shoulder pads. This was to prevent lifting the arm too high to prevent aggravating a constant separated shoulder. The nameplate has not been restored yet, but I believe it is the original one. I've included photos of Bowman wearing this jersey, plus one from 1971 illustrating the chain hole customization.
    Guy

Unsure that I may not have posted this previously elsewhere, my apologies if duplicated. This is ESC's Denver Broncos Ring of Fame jersey display at this past summer's Fan Fair event.

Detailed photos of the front and rear of each jersey can be viewed at our web site at http://endzone.pscoggin.com/Graphics/ROFers/ECHome.htm

It should also be noted that several of the items depicted in this display belong to good friend/partner in crime Tom (aka Jake51).

Best regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Sweet stuff in here! RKGIBSON you have to post pictures of your Orange Urlacher, hammered Ray Lewis and LT powder blue. Those are some of my favorite NFL game used jerseys I've seen in your collection. Doesn't Eric have some great Charger Powder Blues, even some lineman? Those are always cool to see. I hope we see some of the throwbacks from this season hit the market. Like the Eagles, Steelers and Redskins 75th Ann. throwbacks. Also the Jets Titans. Seems so far this year I've only seen a few 2007 gamers on NFL.com. Mainly just the Broncos (Jake51 has the awesome Bailey and Cutler captain patched ones) they also listed another Cutler, DJ Williams, did someone one this board win the Lynch captians patched? The Bills sold a handful of guys and the Dolphins a couple.