Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: If anyone has anything to get photo matched

hi bill,

i don't believe these are photomatches in the least. the thome bat may possibly be the same one as in the photos, but you'd never know it from those "photomatches". it seems shaun's m.o. is to charge $5 in order to circle the center brand, circle the name (as if LVS doesn't put the same center brand and name on all of thome's bats), and then find a fuzzy, single piece of schmutz and call it a day. in your case, he circled a single wood grain. i have a natural finish bat that i'd love to photomatch. i think matching all of the grains would definitely help to establish a photomatch. i've looked through dozens of photos and found many where a single wood grain matched. the problem was, none of the other grains matched. that is, they were all different bats that simply had 1 grain in the same place. that necessarily ruled out a photomatch. wood grains are unique only when you look at most of them, not when you take a single one. my questions:

1) why is shaun circling the centerbrand? what's unique about that one center brand that necessarily differentiates it from the center brand on the other 200 LVS bats thome received that season?

2) what's unique about the signature that shaun circled? LVS burns that same signature into all of thome's bats.

3) shaun circled the taped knob. i'm going to assume thome taped a number of his bat knobs. how is shaun certain that the taped knob on your bat IS the exact same one as seen in the photos? did he match up the exact tape patterns? it's too blurry for me to tell. do the precise angles of each layer of tape match? if thome taped 50 of his bat knobs in similar fashion (the way griffey taped the handles on bats in an almost identical fashion for over a decade), how has shaun shown your bat is the one in the photos and not simply one of thome's other taped bats?

4) the wood grain is useless because he's only circled one. there's no context. i've seen dozens of bats which all had a single wood grain located in the same area. it's only unique when you examine ALL of the wood grains against each other. it's akin to a finger print. chances are we all have at least one similarity between one of our fingerprints. they're only unique when all of them are examined against each other. when you get printed at the station, there's a reason they don't only take your thumb print. a single thumb print means nothing the same way a single wood grain means nothing. i've been trying to match a natural finish bat for awhile now. when i look at the grain patterns, i look at every single one from top to bottom. every single grain has to match. if i can't see it then i can't be sure and therefore it's inconclusive. trust me, i got excited several times when i managed to match 2 or 3 of the grains. unfortunately, my excitement was always short-lived because as i continued to try to match the rest of the grains i'd find others that clearly didn't match. as well, i'm not even sure shaun managed to match that one grain. sure it seems to extend to the same general area but are the lengths of both grains identical? are the heights identical? are the exact shapes of them identical? i've looked at the them and they look similar but i can't be certain that they're identical.

truly, those pics are a long ways away from a photomatch.

rudy.

the more i look at it, the more it just seems like shaun's circling anything just for the fun of it. there are things he's circled in the action pics that can't even be seen in the pics of your bat. he's circling literally specks of pine tar. he's circled the tpx logo and the cupped end for pete's sake. none of these things are unique. he circled a teeny piece of schmutz on the handle in the action pics on a side of the bat that can't even be seen in the pics of your bat! honestly, i'd like to see shaun match each item that he's circled in the action pics to it's respective correlation on your bat. the action pics just seem to have random things circled for the fun of it and it's unclear as to where or what they correspond to on your bat.

rudy.

I thought his David Wright "photomatch" was laughable as well

The cirlces on the bat for the name are circled because i measured the length of the name and logo to the end of the bat to make sure that they are the same length as the bat in the photo he is using. The small cirlces are for the ball marks which you obviously cant see unless you zoom in on it with pro software. How else would i point out the match marks on the bat if i dont cirlce it what am i supposed to use smiley faces. All of your comments dont matter just the one's I photo match for, and seeing as no one has complained yet i am statisfied thats all thats matter that the paying customers are satisfied not the lazy commenters who just search the forum to find stuff to comment on .

Lazy??

I spent the time to photo match my own stuff because people like you obviously dont know what you are doing and are just a waste of peoples money. Get a real job kid

[content removed]

Hi,

I would appreciate you services on a number of bats. Please contact me at RichardsonA742@aol.com. Thanks!

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by nolanexpress View Post
    if you could read which im guessing you cant i stated in a previous message im not hear to make hundreds of dollars just to see how this photomatching service works on this forum. A few of the people on this forum emailed me and told me that you old washed up know it all's were like this thinking you know everything which all of you dont you senile bastards so screw all of you i have enough photo matches to last me a few weeks so im done with all of this.Up yours if you have a problem with it so be i dont care and all of you who dont thanks for the support I no longer do photo matches for this forum but for other forums. thanks you for reading this message and i hope you burn in hell not intended for everyone. Im gone from this name but not my other one talk to you guys soon.

Well now, I see you've moved on to cursing out the entire membership and not just me. Great way to run a business sparky. You have already deceived everyone by posting under an assumed screen name, now you are blasting the membership who question your horribly weak attempts at photo matching....isn't your paper route or lemonade stand calling?

I hope that the administrators take action here.

could you photo match my crede bat for me i won on this forums auction I'll send you the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by nolanexpress View Post
    I no longer do photo matches for this forum but for other forums.

.....and what other game used forums are out there??