Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is this really a batting practice jersey

im thinking about buying this iguchi batting practice jersey but i wanna no if it is authentic
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Re: Is this really a batting practice jersey

Looks like the new 2007 Cool Base BP Jersey's...if real it will have a pro coded wash tag 0006.
    Always looking for Dodger Game Used Jerseys

...and make sure you have a dustbuster handy. LOOK at all those crumbs.
    You would think that presentation is a major factor when marketing something like a jersey.

I emailed the seller about the wash tag. Turns out it has a #0068 , which is the same as the Thome I have. I know mine is legit. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by thomecollector View Post
    I emailed the seller about the wash tag. Turns out it has a #0068 , which is the same as the Thome I have. I know mine is legit. Hope this helps.
    That is the correct wash tag for a Professional Cool Base BP Jersey...it's the real deal.

The rule of thumb is that if the retail Authentic's wash tag is say 6200, the professional or made for game use will be inverted to 0062. The retail for a Cool Base BP is 6800, so for game use is 0068...regular BP's are 6000 and the to be Game Used are 0006...Cool Base Retail Jerseys are 6300 and the counterpart for game use are 0063....

The jock tags on cool base jerseys are not sewn on, but rather are the heat pressed rubberized....

Quote Originally Posted by bigjimsguitars View Post
    regular BP's are 6000 and the to be Game Used are 0006
    Don't you mean 0065?

I haven't run across on that started with an A before and I don't own one one with 0065....

I can only go on my experiences with the stuff that I have and I haven't too many Cool Base BP's to draw from. I do know that my pre Cool Bases are 0006 and that the retail designation for Cool Base Jersey's is 6300 and 6800 and that the Cool Base Jerseys I have from the Dodgers are both 0063.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjimsguitars View Post
    I haven't run across on that started with an A before and I don't own one one with 0065....

I can only go on my experiences with the stuff that I have and I haven't too many Cool Base BP's to draw from. I do know that my pre Cool Bases are 0006 and that the retail designation for Cool Base Jersey's is 6300 and 6800 and that the Cool Base Jerseys I have from the Dodgers are both 0063.

The only 2 Cool Base jersey's I own are BP and they both have the A0065 tag....I haven't seen any 0006 yet....unless it differs from the years? The ones I have are from 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    The only 2 Cool Base jersey's I own are BP and they both have the A0065 tag....I haven't seen any 0006 yet....unless it differs from the years? The ones I have are from 2006.
    Me being the curious type, just went to the Dodgers Clubhouse store and checked their retail BP's and they had A6800 wash tag's.

My Cool Base Dodger Jersey's are from 2006 and both read 0063. I have a 2007 Regular Dodgers Majestic BP (St Patrick's day) that has a 0006 Wash Tag.

My guess is that there are a couple of different models of Cool Base Batting Jerseys and will have different Model Numbers and maybe another reader will add to this thread.

But the simple rule of thumb that I was trying to pass on is that the made for retail Majestic Authentics will have the product code numbers first and the made for Professional use will have them on the end.

But again, the wash tag is not the absolute, but is only a rule of thumb or tool to use. However, I doubt that there is enough money to be made forging GU BP's at this point in time unless it's for a star player.