Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

ebay item #260171831431 jim thome gameused bat

does anyone know wether or not if jim thome used this bat when he played with the indians or the phillies beause i myself never seen him use one of these bats
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: ebay item #260171831431 jim thome gameused bat

From most of what I read in this forum, these error bats were made for Thome, but I don't believe he did actually use them in games. However, if he did, I'm sure someone will post it.

Ignore my last comments. Was thinking of the error bats "TIM THOME"

I think Thome25 is a member here, so he might know. But he has the same model bat on his site. He indicates it is a AAA bat.

http://thome25world.bizland.com/bats1.chtml

Also, if I remember correctly. Someone here was trying to sell a Thome Cooper. I'll see if I can find out who.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skyking26 was the one selling the Thome Cooper. He may have some info for you as well.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ighlight=thome

Hope that helps.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As a matter of fact. He did use this type bat. He used them between '92-94 mostly. If you look at cards from then you will run across the pictures of him using them. I have a couple, including the "Tim Thome" . Jim himself acknowledged that when I ask him awhile back..........

The ebay bat is virtually identical to mine, with the exception that mine has the Thome tape on the handle. My usage is lighter, but you are talking about a tuff bat. I can email people early Thome BB cards all depicting him using Coopers. This is a 500 HR member. I offered my bat for $375, under $400 ppd. Thome collectors say they have seen 12 or fewer of these in 15 years. I don't know what the ebay bat will go for, but mine is available and will not be on ebay again...

Robert Koppel
    (810)364-1713
    (810)434-1175 Cell