Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 twinsfest

2010 twinsfest

I know i am early as its a couple weeks away.But just in case some twins fans did'nt know.The 2010 twinsfest is coming up friday jan 29th to sunday jan 31st.

Re: 2010 twinsfest

Don't know how much the Twins plan on releasing, but I live too far away to attend and would be willing to make it well worth someone's time if they were able to pick up any Mauer GU items, especially a jersey!

Doug
    stitzer04@yahoo.com

I doubt they'll have any GU Mauer or Morneau stuff. Last year, they didn't. However, they did have a bat and jersey as part of the silent auction. The Mauer stuff will go for a ton this year. Last year, a jersey went for $1200 and a bat (with VERY light use) went for (I believe) $1000 (was paired with a Morneau and a Span).

Mike

Jays1fan

I see Corey Koskie is going to be there. Thought about having my Corey Koskie 2005 Opening Day Locker Name Plate with MLB Hologram signed unless there is a Twins fan here that wants it.

Me and my brother are not twins fans but we go to the show ever year.And the twins have nothing for game used items.Last year for jersey's they had one small rack of jerseys and no stars and still wanted big money for them.And no bats or baseballs or anything else other than bases and wanted good money for them.I wish the twins were like all the other teams fests i hear about on here.I think all thier game used items are saved for thier overpriced silent and public auctions they do at the emd of the show on sunday.Or they all go to the twins proshop where they can sell a morneur jersey for $2,000,as my brother saw one for that price they.Maybe that a good price just seems a little expensive to me.I think that twinsfest is great though if you are looking to get autographs as all the players are there.But you are going to be in line for a long time to see the stars.As mauer and morneur was like a 3 hour wait to stand in line.And heard they even had to cut if off as the line was so long and not everyone got a autograph.And they sometimes do a picture op thing and the problem is they do that on the floor with all the tables are and last year morneur was doing it when we were there.And the line went in and out and around almost the whole floor of the dome where the tables were making it very crowded.And they also have past twins there.I just wish they would bring my favorite twin player there.As he has never been to even one show.And thats butch wynegar.

Banned

I just wish they would bring my favorite twin player there.As he has never been to even one show.And thats butch wynegar.[/quote]

I'd enjoy seeing Wynegar again. I can't get to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (where he coaches), and I've been a fan ever since he traded me a Brewers BP cap of his in exchange for memorabilia.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

SOX83CUBS84-Yeah i would be willing to give anything to meet him.As i have loved him since i first saw him play as a rookie for the twins.And grew up admiring him.We used to go to alot of game at the old met stadium to see him play.He is the reason i became a catcher.I modeled my playing style after him and even wore his jersey number as mine.And the day the twins let him go was a sad day for me.And the fact that his playing career was cut short cause of his foot problems.I have no idea why he has never been at a twinsfest.As it seems all other players have.I would love to go to even scranton and watch him coach.I almost bought a game used jersey of his from that team.Back when i was buying things and adding to my collection his items were my most sought after.As i have always wanted something game used of his but things of his are rare.I used to have a game used angels bat of his but had to sell it.Back when i was a kid my brother wrote to mr.wynegar and told him about me.And my brother included a 4x6 picture i took of wynegar playing as a twin.And mr wynegar sent it back and even wrote me a letter.And to this day i still have both items framed and displayed.I talked to this guy i sold the bat to.And he told me he knew him.And even played a voice mail message he had saved of him.Any way,i guess this guy runs a fantasy camp and has been trying in getting mr wynegar to come to it and he has never been able to do it.I guess he does not like doing promotional things like that-like twinsfest.Too bad as i would be first in line for sure if he ever was there.You are so lucky to have done a deal with him.And to have his hat-wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I just wish they would bring my favorite twin player there.As he has never been to even one show.And thats butch wynegar.
    I'd enjoy seeing Wynegar again. I can't get to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (where he coaches), and I've been a fan ever since he traded me a Brewers BP cap of his in exchange for memorabilia.

Dave M.
    Chicago area[/quote]

Banned

This will be the first time I'm going to attend Twinsfest. I am planning on going up there for all three days. I've been to Brewers On Deck in the past and I was wondering if people line up outside the stadium hours in advance to get in and get first in line for the autograph corners. I'm mainly going for the minor leaguers but my friend wants to get Mauer. Plmk if you guys have any suggestions.

Banned

Joba:

There's a Brewers home coaches gamer of Wynegar on eBay until sometime Wednesday.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Me and my brother go every year and yes people line up outside the gates.And they camp out long before it and bring lawn chairs.Several years ago when paul molitor was a twin that first season.My brother is a huge moiltor fan so he wanted to get there early and the gates opened on that saturday at i believe 10am.And we got there at 6am and there was already a line there.As they only had one gate open for people to come in.And they run once they open the gates.I think now they have like 2 gates.If you are planning to get the "wonderkids" (mauer) you better camp over night i think .As last year he signed on the friday we were there.And the wait was like 3-4 hours and they cut the line off so some people who bought tickets i was told got a refund and no autograph.As far as minors no problem there as the line is just there for the big names.But inside expect to wait in a line for even them.And they have them all sitting at seperate tables.The messed up thing is that the tables are in the middle of the tables of people selling items so it can get crowded.But the minors in past season were way off by themselves.I am not sure what the signing schedule is.I usually go on twins.com and look at it as they post it on there.Usually the big names signed once each day.But with such hype on the kid who knows now.He proberly will only sign one day.And i will be interested on his price also.You can buy your tickets to get inside ahead of time for $8 or at the door or day of it for $12.It would proberly be best for you to buy them ahead of time as some times the box office does not open before the gates.And bundle up as last year on friday they were like a 1/2 hour late opening the gates.And it was freezing,i mean it is minnesota so you expect cold in the winter.But come on open the darn gates when you say you will open them.And they have a silent auction and public one but you better bring big buck as they go for alot.And they don't have anything for game used items there so don't expect it to be like the brewers.As i have heard they sell alot of game used items at thiers.Well hope that helps and have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by favrenvikes09 View Post
    This will be the first time I'm going to attend Twinsfest. I am planning on going up there for all three days. I've been to Brewers On Deck in the past and I was wondering if people line up outside the stadium hours in advance to get in and get first in line for the autograph corners. I'm mainly going for the minor leaguers but my friend wants to get Mauer. Plmk if you guys have any suggestions.