Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AMI Dan Marino

Hybrid View

AMI Dan Marino

AMI is offering an incredible Dan Marino jersey from 1994-95!!!!....it even comes with a letter from the team!!!

only problem is that it doesn't match up to the pics...whoooops!!!!

Notice the green and orange bands on the sleeves...not only are the size of these color bands wrong, the overall sleeve length is not even close...

they have a "personal" loa from Lampson as well...does that mean its even more worthless?

here are the links...lets see if it gets pulled!!!

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=38545

Re: AMI Dan Marino

The AMI jersey looks like the throwback jersey they wore in two games that year.

Genuis,
    I had noticed differences in the jersey, also from all the pictures on Gettey. This jersey also as a screened on name on the back. Where did you find pictures of a throwback jersey? Can you tell me the dates they were used?

Roger

Here's AMIs
    Name:  38545_lg[1].jpg
Views: 969
Size:  139.7 KB

I'm wondering, what did AMI say when you contacted them about this issue. According to the forum rules, you must contact them first before calling something into question....

Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

The Miami Dolphins wore the 1972 replica jerseys against the Minnesota Vikings. Hard to tell if the sleeves match.

Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Here's another link http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/S.../3028/mia.html

Sleeves look correct, as does the Wilson "W" logo placement. Not sure about the nameplate.

[quote=Eric;56089]The Miami Dolphins wore the 1972 replica jerseys against the Minnesota Vikings. Hard to tell if the sleeves match.

Note: The TB worn during 1994 are not 72 Dolphin TB jerseys but actually 84-85 TB jerseys. The jersey in question has identical 84-85 sleeve striping. Hope this helps.

Forum members,

What scares me on this jersey is not so much the stripes on the sleeve, which is very important, but the year tagging. It is very apparent that original numbers where written on the tag with a black "fine line" marker, then someone went back over the numbers with a wide black marker. If you look closely it appears as if the "3" in the # "13" has a flat right side. Could this have been a "7" and then touched up to become a "3"?? I for one, do not like how the "3" looks compared to the rest of the numbers. I am by no means an expert on Marino jerseys...this is just my Marino layperson's observation.

Mark

Always buying Oakland A's game used jerseys and equipment 1968 to 1976!!!

Mark,

That is the writing in the waistband of the pants and is not on the jersey.....

Dave

I will talk to Victor net week and get some specifics on this jersey. I spoke to him breifly yesterday and he was on his way to Cleveland, I think he said, to do a show.

The sleeve length is of concern. Marino seems to have always shortened his sleeve length.

I first thought the name was screened on. After looking at it I think it is sewn on. It is hard to tell. This is one things I will verify.

The throwbacks were used 9-18-94 vs the Jets and 9-25-94 vs the Vikings. There is one picture of Marino on 9-18 on Getty. It is a head shot and is attached. I attached the only picture that "almost" shows the name plate on a player and it looks to not be outlined with orange like the regular season uniforms are, a photo of that is attached also.

I am sure AMI deferred to the team paperwork on this jersey.

The fact that there is no pictures of Marino in this game makes me wonder if he played. I will try to check that out.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images