Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: November Pick Ups

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    About the Eric Davis Cards bat...

I am assuming that Ray and Eric traded bats occasionally. I have a LS R205 that has Ray's number scribbled in and Eric's crossed out.

Dave
    That's kinda cool. I know when the Reds traded Eric to the Dodgers, Eric gave Reggie Sanders his bats. I would love to track down one of those bats!

Dave
    Always looking for Eric Davis game used items.

Here are mine.

A Cameron Maybin and James Skelton Jersey
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Banned

1960's New York Giants Football Jersey?

When in doubt, checks with the guys at the forum. I just got this jersey and I believe it’s a Giants jersey from the mid-1960’s.

The jersey is long sleeve and was made by Sand-knit with only one tag on the bottom of the jersey. The material is not dureen but a combination of cotton and perhaps double-knit material. The numbers are sewn onto the jersey. Take note of the sleeve-numbers and how high the numbers are on the back. A nameplate was never on the back of the jersey.

It is an awesome jersey with little or no wear. Any help would be appreciated,

Jim

2000 season Warrick Dunn home jersey from AMI

This one actually exhibited more game-use than was described in the auction, surprisingly.

Banned

Re: 1960's New York Giants Football Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    When in doubt, checks with the guys at the forum. I just got this jersey and I believe it’s a Giants jersey from the mid-1960’s.

The jersey is long sleeve and was made by Sand-knit with only one tag on the bottom of the jersey. The material is not dureen but a combination of cotton and perhaps double-knit material. The numbers are sewn onto the jersey. Take note of the sleeve-numbers and how high the numbers are on the back. A nameplate was never on the back of the jersey.

Jim
    Just found this on Getty - 1964 Giants

Jim,

Here are a couple of book I have that has pictures of that style jersey. The Game is copyright 1963. The Giants is 1964. The Giants book has pictures on about every page, but no #90.

Roger

Banned

RK: Thanx for the Information. Been all over Getty Images and there are several images and like you, I can't seem to find a Number 90. It is a very cool jersey indeed.

Thanx again,

Jim

Re: 1960's New York Giants Football Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post

Jim
    The font of the "9" seem to match the photo you posted. However, the "Sand Stretch" tag was not introduced until 1968, or sooner. It's a cool jersey at any rate. Will do a little more research...GOOD LUCK!

Banned

BTPH, thanx for the update on the tag. I have always been an Internet kind of guy when researching jerseys but when RKGibson was kind enough to post his two reference books, I started digging around eBay and found that there is a plethora of vintage books out there. I have a feeling I’ll be updating my sports library.

Thanx again,

Jim

Some of my new pickups including an amazing Albert Pujols WS bat (not used) autographed with UDA hologram.

Also, Soriano, Ryan Zimmerman, Hee Sop Choi, Dustin Pedroia, Kevin Youkilis, Larry Walker game issued WS.

Name:  Nov_Bats.JPG
Views: 407
Size:  203.6 KB

Andrew
    info@AllStarsPlus.com