Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: AMI Dan Marino

Re: AMI Dan Marino

Here are additional photos of other players. First is Stoyanovich for Jets game, same sleeve striping and no logo shield at neck. Next are photos from Vikings game which include Chris Singleton (no logo and you can see Wilson W on sleeve) and K. Byars w/ W on sleeve and no NFL shield logo on neck.

M & N jersey would not pass even if tags removed, added , etc. Fabric different as well as no spandex side.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Oops! Here is Singleton photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It is difficult to see the sleeve-stripe pattern on Marino's jersey in the photo from the Vikings game. Who knows if Marino wore a different jersey in the Jets game (or more than one jersey in either game). We have had several folks in this thread be quick to criticize the legitimacy of the Marino jersey, but they have yet to provide visual evidence supporting their claim.

Personally, I have no comment on the authenticity of this jersey one way or the other because I am not interested in buying it so I have not bothered to perform any due dilligence. What does concern me is that there has been a lot of innuendo and 43 posts on this jersey, yet there is not one piece of solid evidence supporting either side of the argument.

Here are my thoughts. If you truly believe that an items is not what it is claimed to be, FIRST gather evidence and facts suporting your claim. SECOND, follow Forum rules and contact the Seller before posting in this Forum. THIRD, if you cannot follow these rules, the least thing you can do is carefully read what you have just written before hitting the "Submit Reply" button.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

P.S. I should practice what I preach (refer to my THIRD item in the last post). I'll leave it to you to find the typo!

[quote=Eric;56089]The Miami Dolphins wore the 1972 replica jerseys against the Minnesota Vikings. Hard to tell if the sleeves match.

Note: The TB worn during 1994 are not 72 Dolphin TB jerseys but actually 84-85 TB jerseys. The jersey in question has identical 84-85 sleeve striping. Hope this helps.

I know someone who has an incredible video collection of NFL dvd's...let's put it this way, all most all of them...most of my collection is video matched

Whenever I am interested in a jersey I contact this person and purchase a dvd from him to attempt to video match football jerseys...

I e-mailed a close-up of the AMI jersey to him and asked him if he would match the sleeves for me...after looking at videos from both games he said that sleeves were much shorter in BOTH games than the AMI offered shirt...

I contemplated spending the almost $50.00 to post video links showing this...then I quickly realized a few things...chances are that the purchaser of the jersey would never be contacted and in 3 days this thread would be forgotten about...so why would I waste $50?...just to prove a shirt is no good that I'm not interested in purchasing?

How bout this....if AMI is interested in the 2 videos, to video match the Marino, I'm sure that the $50 to them would be $ well spent...I think video matching for style & wear would add a lot more value to this jersey than the $50.00...

I'm sure their buyer would be ecstatic!!!!

What do you say AMI...wanna buy the videos?

Always looking for authentic Dan Marino game used items from impeccable sources. Cleats, jerseys, shoes, helmets, wristbands. Thanks

Ducks...there is no question that Marino did not wear this shirt in either of the 2 throwback games....unless the guy that I use for video matching drank 30 beers that night and his eyes played tricks on him when looking at the sleeves

anyways...it won't make any diiference...auction is over with...just like their previous auction showed that there was a fake Brett Favre sold and we still haven't heard if there was a refund offered then

I have yet to view any concrete evidence in this Forum that Marino either did or did not wear the jersey in question. Further, I have not seen where any accuser has followed Forum rules and contacted the Seller with their concerns.

As previously stated, I could not care less about this jersey. However, I do care about the integrity of this Forum, and I find it terribly irresponsible to come here and make accusations without providing proof or following Forum rules.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Unless you obtain game used equipment directly from the athlete after a game it is impossible to 100% guarantee that the equipment was game used. Even COA from a team can be subject to scrutiny because you have to trust the reputation of the source.

Of course some equipment can be ruled out because of obvious irregularity. I have not seen any irregularity and/or discrepancy with the AMI Marino jersey to suggest it is anything less than what it purports to be. The photographs demonstrate that the AMI jersey is consistent with the photo of Marino during the Vikings game. This was a game that the TB Dolphin jerseys were used. The patch placement is the same, the sleeve striping is the same, the lack of the NFL logo shield is consistent and the W (Wilson logo) is in the proper position. Based upon the description of the item the collar has appropriate Wilson tagging, sleeves are cut to Marino specs with diamond pattern under the arms. Of course we would need to see the jersey to confirm the description with respect to these qualities but based upon what is visible between photographs, I do not see anything that constitutes an obvious flaw. If I missed something that is open and obvious, please advise.

With respect to video evidence, again it would have to be open and obvious. I am not sure how you can gauge sleeve length (unless huge discrepancy) without having the actual jersey instead of photo.

I believe the exchange of information is beneficial and thus we allow people to make informed decisions.