Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AMI Dan Marino

Re: AMI Dan Marino

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON View Post
    I spoke to Victor today on the Marino jersey. The following is what I found out:

Lou looked at it and had some of the same questions but the paperwork is rock solid.
    So Lou couldn't solve the riddle YET he still writes a letter on it? I'd love to see a copy of it

Here are the letters of authentication for this item listed by AMI
    Authenticators

PSA/DNA Auction House Letter (Read Details)
    100% Authentic Team (Read Details)
    Equipment Manager Letter
    Lou Lampson Personal Letter
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Hi Roger...

I'm a bit confused...does Lou's "personal letter" state that he also has questions about the sleeve length?

I have personally never seen the large type Wilson tag in the collar. Sometime in the 90's they did put a small red "W" tag in the collar.

I did not take any offense to Victor's comments. I speak to him on a regular basis and find him quite engaging and knowledgable. Our conversation on this jersey was a lot more involved that I posted. The paperwork is why they took it. I wish we could find a picture of the missing game. Its hard for me to believe they had very many jerseys for 2 games, a game jersey and a backup. My guess is this is the backup, but who knows without visual proof.

Roger

Here's some pics from the other throwback game vs the Jets

I'm confused. Jim Yackel's Stoyanovich jersey is supposed to be the throwback style worn that year but it seems incorrect based on this photo from Eric(unless he wore 2 different throwbacks for each game- one altered and one not altered although that seems unlikely)....The sleeves he is wearing in this photo match the ones on the Marino being offered...

Regards,
    Dave

Eric,

Did you contact Jim regarding his Stoyanovich regarding the photo evidence you supplied? It probably would be the right thing to do....

Regards,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Eric,

Did you contact Jim regarding his Stoyanovich regarding the photo evidence you supplied? It probably would be the right thing to do....

Regards,
    Dave
    Dave-

You are the person calling Jim's jersey "incorrect." I simply provided game photos of the Dolphins Jets game from 1994. Again, how do you know that Stoyanovich didn't wear a different shirt in the other throwback game versus the Vikings.

We have seen that players are wearing Dolphins throwbacks with different sleeve designs. Why couldn't that be the case here?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Dave-

You are the person calling Jim's jersey "incorrect." I simply provided game photos of the Dolphins Jets game from 1994. Again, how do you know that Stoyanovich didn't wear a different shirt in the other throwback game versus the Vikings.

We have seen that players are wearing Dolphins throwbacks with different sleeve designs. Why couldn't that be the case here?

Eric

Eric,

You are right there is a possibility that he had a different jersey for each game and one he cut and one he didn't cut. We would need to find a photo of him in the Vikings game to be sure...

Regards,
    Dave

I tried to help some of the forum members here by finding a picture of Marino in this jersey...I didn't find that but I found this and thought it looked very similar to the jersey being discussed, especially the nameplate...also jersey can be ordered in a length that would be considered "game cut"...thoughts anyone?

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,MN-DOLP94T13.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

There are visible differences between a M&N retail and this jersey. First I saw was the placement and size of numerals on sleeves but I guarantee you the material would be noticeably different as well.