Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMI Dan Marino

Re: AMI Dan Marino

I think the sleeves are similar to another jersey Marino wore in 1994

Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

That could be because the orange and green stripes are touching, eliminating some of the white space between them. I see two distinct small white lines on the right sleeve and a hint of orange in there. The auction jersey's right sleeve has the orange and green stripes touching.

Forum members,

What scares me on this jersey is not so much the stripes on the sleeve, which is very important, but the year tagging. It is very apparent that original numbers where written on the tag with a black "fine line" marker, then someone went back over the numbers with a wide black marker. If you look closely it appears as if the "3" in the # "13" has a flat right side. Could this have been a "7" and then touched up to become a "3"?? I for one, do not like how the "3" looks compared to the rest of the numbers. I am by no means an expert on Marino jerseys...this is just my Marino layperson's observation.

Mark

Always buying Oakland A's game used jerseys and equipment 1968 to 1976!!!

Mark,

That is the writing in the waistband of the pants and is not on the jersey.....

Dave

I will talk to Victor net week and get some specifics on this jersey. I spoke to him breifly yesterday and he was on his way to Cleveland, I think he said, to do a show.

The sleeve length is of concern. Marino seems to have always shortened his sleeve length.

I first thought the name was screened on. After looking at it I think it is sewn on. It is hard to tell. This is one things I will verify.

The throwbacks were used 9-18-94 vs the Jets and 9-25-94 vs the Vikings. There is one picture of Marino on 9-18 on Getty. It is a head shot and is attached. I attached the only picture that "almost" shows the name plate on a player and it looks to not be outlined with orange like the regular season uniforms are, a photo of that is attached also.

I am sure AMI deferred to the team paperwork on this jersey.

The fact that there is no pictures of Marino in this game makes me wonder if he played. I will try to check that out.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned

Was a Joe Malinconico the Dolphins equipment manager in those days? A Google search turns up nothing NFL related on this name.

For a good look at the nameplate, check out Jim Yackel's Pete Stoyanovich 1994 Dolphins throwback he's selling here

http://jimyackel.com/nfl2.htm

Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Gentlemen,

One thing to keep in mind is that even if it is concluded that Marino did not wear the full sleeve stripe pattern of 3 aqua stripes and two orange stripes (that do not connect) in the Vikings game, he could have worn a different jersey in the 9/18/94 game against the Jet that had the full stripe pattern. If I were interested in the jersey, I would need to closely review game footage from both games to observe the sleeve stripes on Marino's jerseys. If anyone out there has either of these games on tape or a Dolphins' 1994 season highlight tape, please take a look and let us know.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

I spoke to Victor today on the Marino jersey. The following is what I found out:

The sleeves are hemmed on the bottom with a regular straight stitch.

The name on the back is stitched on.

The Wilson tag is in the neck with no date flags. The name plate stitches goes through the tag.

No photos were found. They looked on 2 sights. The team paperwork was deferred to. Lou looked at it and had some of the same questions but the paperwork is rock solid.

The pant are not thought to be from this year, at all.

I told him my main question was the sleeve length. As always he says "if I'm not comfortable with it don't bid".

Roger

"if I'm not comfortable, don't bid"?????

what proof does the 100% team have that this shirt was worn by Marino?

anyone can take a letter and pair it up with a jersey...

Once again AMI is showing their high level of customer service by giving a great customer nothing more than a line...

couple this attitude with their photo shoots, it shows how classless this company really is