Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

CAl Ripken Jr game bat

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=001

So was this discussed?? Did this person get a legit gamer???

Re: CAl Ripken Jr game bat

All indications indicate its legit. I used to have the same model year bat in my collection as surprisingly looked very much the same as this one............too much like this one...........although I'm not a "MLB source"
    :eek: "Shows solid identifier puckering" :eek: --Lou Lampson

Dan (ripkengamers@aol.com)

It looked good to me. The spot where Cal signed it is right where Cal signed my gamer as well. Nice bat.

The ball marks look really small to me. I think the ball marks should be larger. I have seen bats in the past that have had a bunch of really small ball marks, like this bat. It looks like someone laid a ball on the ground and hit the ball with the bat to give those small golf ball size transfers.

Now that i look at it your way i agree. There are no ball marks that the signature is overlapping as well. Looks like maybe Cal could have given away a game bat signed and someone doctored it up a bit. All the ball marks seem to be in one spot. Cal was a great hitter but to have no marks on the reverse side of the barrell or towards the end seems a little weird. Good call Rboitono.

I have seen a dealer who seems to have a large number of bats that have these same "golf ball" size ball marks. Its remarkable that all most every ball mark got a bit of the blue ink transfer as well. You dont see that on bats that have normal size ball marks.