Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

my pickups today

Not a bad day today at the ballpark
    game used baseball that was the hit from Shannon Stewart off of Kelvim Escobar in the 3rd inning.
    the bat Dan Johnson broke during the game today
    and a pair of game used spikes from Huston Street already autographed.
    I will take pics of them when I get home on Tuesday and try to get them all posted.

Re: my pickups today

Drop me an email when you get a chance. Thanks.

Chris

staindsox@hotmail.com

Banned

Awesome!! By chance, was that at the A's game auction? What other items were there Saturday?? I almost went to the game myself!

Aaron

nah I tend to stay away from the auctions as I don't have the cash right now. I got the bat from DJ after the game, the cleats from Huston before the game (I asked him for them when he was in Arizona rehabbing his shoulder) and the ball I got from Melhuse. For some reason right after Stewart got the hit they threw the ball out of the game but not to the ball boy but to Joe Blanton, an inning later he came walking down the walkway to the clubhouse (I have tix in 119) he gave the ball to Melhuse and I asked him for it and he threw it too me.
    My mother did win 34 locker nameplates from the auction so I will end up with a few of those. I know I am getting Nick Swisher and Mark Kotsay because she had 2 of each of them. Swish was the guest on Buans post game show so we got both the locker nameplates autographed.

The auction had an autographed Frank Thomas jersey and nonautographed broken gamer
    a full set of Kurt Suzuki catchers gear
    Jason Kendall catchers and batting helmets
    autographed baseballs from Milton Bradley, Bobby Kielty and 2 others I forget
    Bobby Crosby autographed baseball with hand made afghan
    the lineup cards from the June series vs the Giants.

today I got a Rob Bowen bat and batting glove before the game and a Jack Cust batting glove after the game. Cust was really nice after the game, he gave out at least a half dozen bats along the dugout then he went up into the clubhouse and about 5 minutes later he came back with another bat about 8 pairs of batting gloves and several wristbands which he threw up into the stands. aside from that it was mostly hats being thrown into the stands after the game this year.

Banned

How about todays auction? I wanted to go to the game today but decided not too due to me overspending when I win at their auctions.

yes you would have overspent today the auction prices were at what they normally are when they close today in the 1st inning.
    I forget what was there now there was some cool things and some eh things. A signed Huston Street jersey
    Eric Chavez and Jack Cust bats sold together and Jay Payton and Bobby Kielty bats sold together.
    a Dennis Eckersley auto baseball
    set of Kendalls catchers gear.

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post

The auction had an autographed Frank Thomas jersey and nonautographed broken gamer
    a full set of Kurt Suzuki catchers gear
    Jason Kendall catchers and batting helmets
    autographed baseballs from Milton Bradley, Bobby Kielty and 2 others I forget
    Bobby Crosby autographed baseball with hand made afghan
    the lineup cards from the June series vs the Giants.
    I would have loved to get Suzuki's catcher's gear. I have his full set from the Future's All-Star Game.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com