Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Most Prized Memorabilia

Here are some photos of my 1986 TBC jersey worn by Rafael Santana in the 8/19/06 20th Anniversary celebration, signed by the 1986 team...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Mine would have to be my Jose Canseco game used and inscribed 400th Homerun bat and the actual ball he hit. I acquired these both from Jose personally. I also have 7 other bats I got from Jose. A close second would be the two game used bats he personally gave and inscribed to me. They are from the Long Beach Armada when he played for the GBL last season. He inscribed them To Todd, Thanks for Everything Jose Canseco #33.

Todd

Is it the Shoes? Is it the Shoes? Is it the Shoes? … it's gotta be the shoes.

1) Handwritten letter from Hank Greenberg to my great-grandmother thanking her for baking cookies for him as a young player in Detroit.

2) 1966 Clint Jones game worn Michigan State football helmet.

3) 1979 Jay Vincent game worn Michigan State basketball jersey.

4) 1950's Dorne Dibble game worn Detroit Lions jersey.

Banned

I would have to say my most prized memorabilia are my Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, Ernie Banks, and Llyod Waner game used bats.
    Thanks,
    Jamie
    jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

Always looking for Milwaukee Baves game used bats.

I have a letter from Cards manager Billy Southworth to owner Sam Breadon dated 1943 - regarding a "screen test" for Harry Walker. The letter is pretty cryptic and discusses secrets within the press corps in STL and NY (where the letter was sent from)...it is on Cardinals letterhead and signed by Southworth.

It is from a WS year, and HOF manager...so to me it is a one of a kind item that screams to be shown off. I am very proud of it.

Dave
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Mine might have to be my 1943-45 Army baseball program vintage signed by every player that played like the Dimaggio brothers (Joe and Dom), Mize, Coach Dickey, and Pee Wee Reese. I want to say a total of about 40 or so signatures. Dont see players going to war now a days, so I guess its unique. I tried cropping a picture about 10 times and continues to say its to big, so I said the hell with it.

Mine is an autographed/game-used Ichiro "Chase ball" from September 30th 2004. These specially marked balls were only put into play when Ichiro came to bat during his pursuit of George Sislers then record 257 hits/season, similar to Arod for his 500th HR and Bonds with 715 and 755 HR*. The only way you can get these balls were if they went out of play. I bought the ball on Ebay when I took a chance from a 0 feedback seller who took terrible photographs of the ball and would not answer my enquires.

What is funny, is after I won the ball this guy whom I can't remember his name wrote me via Ebay saying that he was the 2nd highest bidder and that he already owns another Ichiro chase ball and would love to see a picture of this ball. He told me to put the ball under a black light and it should have some markings. When I received the ball (along with a letter of provenance on how the seller obtained the ball) I put it under a blacklight and saw that the ball was covered in invisible cryptic markings. After I sent images of my ball to this guy from Ebay, he recommended that I send an email to this gentleman from MLB Licensing Dept who may further assist me in authenticating the baseball. So wrote an email to this gentleman in MLB who told me the only way he can tell if its real is if I send the ball in. After sending it to MLB and anxiously waiting 2 months (I emailed a couple times to just to get a hint but he was not budging) I got the ball back fully MLB hologrammed + a letter from MLB stating that it was indeed an Ichiro chase ball put into play on Sept 30th. Since the gentleman at MLB was so kind and helpful I wrote a letter to Commissioner Bud Selig's office stating my gratitude. Not only did this gentleman get a letter from Selig commending him on his work, I ALSO received a hand-signed letter from Selig's office thanking me for thanking this gentleman! I later sent the ball to Ichiro's memorabilia agent who got the ball signed for me. Just a great experience over all.

Goh Nishiyama

My most prized memorabilia is the 1996 Michael Jordan All Star Uniform complete with MEARS certification, Program and Ticket, Game Worn Shoe with MEARS certification, Basketball and Cap all signed by MJ

Regards,
    jordan23collectibles
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by gnishiyama View Post

Since the gentleman at MLB was so kind and helpful I wrote a letter to Commissioner Bud Selig's office stating my gratitude. Not only did this gentleman get a letter from Selig commending him on his work, I ALSO received a hand-signed letter from Selig's office thanking me for thanking this gentleman! I later sent the ball to Ichiro's memorabilia agent who got the ball signed for me. Just a great experience over all.

Goh Nishiyama

great story. what dedication. high risk great reward
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.