Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1977 Yankees Team Signed Ball Billy Martin

I Have A 1977 Yankees Team Signed Ball.it Has Most Of The Team(nettles,berra,reggie,and Billy Martin On The Sweet Spot). Ball Is In Good Condition With A Little Fading.what Is Something Like This Worth.if Anyones Interested I Would Love To Sell It For The Right Price Or Trade It For Yankee Game Used Jerseys.any Takers.

Re: 1977 Yankees Team Signed Ball Billy Martin

It would be helpful if you can post pictures. Placing a value is always discressionary but becomes impossible without seeing it. What players stuff are you looking for? contact tlucas56@yahoo.com

Can you post a picture or two? You want to make sure it's not one of those common facsimile/printed signature souvenir balls that are seen quite frequently & often mistaken as genuine.

Good Luck!

I also have a 1977 Yankees ball. It was given to our family by Cloyd Boyer, who lived next door to us that season. Mr. Boyer was a great guy! He brought us to a game, where we sat with the players' wives and also threw batting practice to us at the park up the road. The Martin signature looks like a clubhouse sig, but everyone else looks good, including Munson, Howard, Reggie, ect... The ball has faded over time, but the sigs are clear and the ball has mainained it's white color. The only two sigs that are missing are Piniella and Lyle. According to Mr. Boyer, at the time, they weren't at the meeting when he asked the team to sign it. Here are some pics....
    Name:  1977yanks1.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  165.1 KB

Name:  1977yanks2.JPG
Views: 243
Size:  96.8 KB

Name:  1977yanks3.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  110.1 KB

Name:  1977yanks.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  90.9 KB

By the way, I'm not selling this. It's one of my favorite treasures from childhood....

By the way, Cloyd Boyer was the Yankees pitching coach in 1977. He is the brother of Ken and Clete. He played briefly in the majors, but didn't last too long. He also went on to be the pitching coach of the Braves. He was one of the nicest people I've ever met and the experience made me a life long Yankees fan.

I agree that Billy Martin signature appears to be a clubhouse one; still a great item!

Thanks a lot. It's not the most valuable thing I own, but it definitely brings back the most memories. It's too bad the Martin is a clubhouse sig, but it doesn't really matter to me. I still remember how excited I was, as a 7 year old, when Mr. Boyer brought it by to give to us. Who'd have guessed that it would be from one of the most memorable seasons in Yankee history....

I Am Going To Be Putting It On Ebay Tonight With Pictures.i'm Looking For Yankee Game Used Jerseys(oneill,jeter,cone,etc)

I saw your EBay listing and I think I know the 2 signatures you're having trouble recognizing....
    Below the Hunter and Fowler is Roy White. Below the Munson, I believe is Bucky Dent. Good luck with this. It's really nice!!!!

That One Wasn't Mine,haven't Put It On Yet But Thanks That One Is Nice.