Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Post interesting game issued items here

Quote Originally Posted by B1SON View Post
    It must be a foreign thing. Yao Ming has Yao on the back of his jerseys as well and I have never known why.
    Yao is his last name. Ming is his first name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_name

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post

Nice find...I've seen a few of these Jabbar's come around....these jerseys are nylon mesh....the REAL Tiernan jerseys wern't made with the nylon mesh, but rather a cotton mesh...this is a fact!!!!

in fact a major auction house, who authenticates for the Basketball Hall of Fame, was selling one of these bad Kareems at last years National!!!!!

great thread

Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Yao is his last name. Ming is his first name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_name

rudy.

I believe this is incorrect.
    His name is in fact Yao Ming. However, in China, as is in several if not all Asian countries, the last name is first and the first name is last. In China, he would be referred to as Ming Yao (his first name is last). His Chinese National jersey is printed in the same format as his NBA jersey. Essentially, his first name is on the back of his jersey because in Asian format, it appears where a last name normally would.

Quote Originally Posted by GarkoCollector View Post
    I believe this is incorrect.
    His name is in fact Yao Ming. However, in China, as is in several if not all Asian countries, the last name is first and the first name is last. In China, he would be referred to as Ming Yao (his first name is last). His Chinese National jersey is printed in the same format as his NBA jersey. Essentially, his first name is on the back of his jersey because in Asian format, it appears where a last name normally would.
    you should let the guy know. apparently he got it wrong in his autobiography "Yao: A Life in Two Worlds". an excerpt:

"My name is Yao Ming....Yao is my family name... My first name, Ming, means "light."..My last name, Yao, doesn't mean anything in itself. It's just a last name, like Jones."

he'd appreciate you clearing it up for him.

rudy.

you should let the guy know. apparently he got it wrong in his autobiography "Yao: A Life in Two Worlds". an excerpt:

"My name is Yao Ming....Yao is my family name... My first name, Ming, means "light."..My last name, Yao, doesn't mean anything in itself. It's just a last name, like Jones."

he'd appreciate you clearing it up for him.

rudy.
    RUDY!
    RUDY!
    RUDY!
    RUDY!
    RUDY!
    RUDY!
    RUDY!
    RUDY!
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Michael Jordan 1997 Chicago Bulls pro-cut "Finals" jersey
    Date of ebay sale: 10.7.08
    Price: $1,580.55
    Seller: masauction
    Buyer: rich8080

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018
    Attached Images Attached Images     

1982 St. Louis Cardinals Game Jersey - Powder Blue, blank

Seller quote: "This is a 1982 St. Louis Cardinals Road Jersey. It belonged to the Cardinals but was never issued to a player (to my knowledge). The tag Reads 1982 Set 1. The Size of the Jersey is 40. (which may explain why it was never issued - kinda small)"

Date of ebay sale: 10.5.08
    Price: $311.50
    Seller: eeebbayjay
    Buyer: barryc7092
    Attached Images Attached Images    

the name on the Jordan jersey looks too high

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    the name on the Jordan jersey looks too high
    The jersey is a pro-cut, no where is the jersey listed as game used or game issued. Pro-cut jerseys often had the name higher than the team issued jerseys. The seller even states he bought the jersey from Champion.

I had hundreds of pro-cut Michael Jordan jerseys in the 1990s, and no one doubted where the name on the back of the jersey was as most of the jerseys were autographed for Upper Deck Authenticated and sold as pro-cuts.

What is your concern about the location of the name again, now?

I do not know why this item is even listed in this topic - The topic was set up for "game issued" items, not pro-cut items which were often sold to the public.