Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: Tuesday Night Auction Score!

I'm more a bat and jersey guy, but seeing that old team image got me interested. I was wondering if you were familiar with this team from Seward, NE. I happened upon this page just a couple minutes ago and hope it at least gives you something to start from. Not sure that it is the same, but the uniforms are similar.
    http://marian.creighton.edu/~besser/...eward1910.html

Tim Byington

Dan- Based on the picture my guess would be 1930s. The cars (look like 1930s Model A Fords), the uniform style (collarless), and the dress style of the men in suits and hats all lead me to believe its 1930s.

Joe, If it's 1930's then I think it's very early 30's, but I agree the uniforms look to be from about that time period. And I think Seward might be a good guess on this as they are only about 30 miles from here. Thanks for the help guys.

Agreed Dan. That is a great Mirror.

BTW- How far are you from David City and Brainard NE? I have a few old uniforms from there. One of them is from the Lincoln Sporting Goods Co. Tag reads "Lincoln Sporting Goods Co. Lincoln, NE"

David City is about 60 miles from here...not sure off hand on Brainard, but I have heard of it. I've seen a few uniforms over the years with that Lincoln Sporting Goods tag....I live in Lincoln, but I don't know where it was located. Might be something worth investigating.