Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Do you want it back

I consigned an early game worn Walter Payton jersey a few years ago and have regretted it ever since. It surfaced again in the most recent Vintage Authentics auction and it sold for too much to justify buying it back. That one hurts, as it's a tremendous jersey.

I want my Ranzino Smith shooting shirt back.

I sold my Eric Dickerson SMU game worn college jersey back at the Atlantic City National. I sold it to Vintage Authentics. It was rare, cool, and authentic. I have since added some nice pieces, but that one hurts. I will probably never see another one again.

Scott

I have a couple of things I wish I had back. I traded them off to get something I wanted more at the time. One is a '98 jim Thome Big Stick. It was absolutely hammered with use. The second was a pair of red Nike batting gloves of hos. They were the ones with the velcro on the right glove. I got them signed. Man, I wish I had them back! Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by jdr3 View Post
    I want my Ranzino Smith shooting shirt back.
    I remember a story from many years ago , about a comic book collector who owned 2 copies of Superman Action Comics #1. That used to be the holy grail of comic books (might still be). It was so rare, that he supposedly burned one to make his best copy more rare. As for my question: how many Ranzino shooting shirts are in existence?

I have a hard time looking at my website, because there are so many jerseys I have sold. It hurts; but they're just shirts. Anyway, I still have a nice collection.

You can find the only known existing one at this link:

http://www.both-teams-played-hard.co...308/908809.htm

1968 Washington Senators jersey, Stan Musial and Duke Snider game used bats from St. Pete spring training facility where the Cards and Mets shared the field. Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle well used game bats from the early 60's, a Bobby Thomson gamer from the fifties, A used auto'd stick from Wayne Gretzky's first few seasons that I got from his brother Keith, .....I could go on with more but I think I'm gonna be sick.......

I regret selling the following:

1. Every WFL jersey (1974/75 seasons) that I ever had over the years which is well over 100. The most painful included a Birmingham Americans Alfred Jenkins who was my favorite player on my hometown team, and Tommy Reamon who was one of the league co-MVPs. Fortunately, I have been able to find a few of the jerseys over the years and buy them back, including one of my favorites which is a black Jacksonville Express that I originally had obtained from the team back in 1975.

2. Wes Hopkins white Philadelphia Eagles jersey that I had picked up from the team's equipment manager in 1989. I loved that jersey and wore it all the time.

3. Every durene NFL jersey that I ever had over the years.

4. In 1976, the Toronto Toros of the WHA moved to my hometown of Birmingham, Alabama. For some strange reason, the team decided to switch to mesh jerseys with screened-on numbers and logo. One Friday evening early in the season, the nice durene tie-down jerseys from the previous season were put up for sale at the concession stands. I was not a hockey collector as WFL jerseys was all that I collected at the time, but I wanted to buy a Bulls/Toros jersey just to have one. I was hoping for a Mark Napier jersey as he was my favorite Bulls player. I circled the coliseum stopping at each concession stand hoping to locate a Napier jersey. When I arrived at the last stand, I couldn't believe what I saw. No, it wasn't a Napier jersey, it was a beautiful blue Frank Mahovlich jersey hanging on the back wall for all to see. I couldn't ask the attendant fast enough if the Mahovlich was for sale. He said, "Yes, but this one costs more." When I asked how much, he told me that they were selling it for $35. The cash was out of my wallet and into his hands before I could take another breath. Now for the sad part of the story. About a year later, I traded the Mahovlich for a bushel of WFL jerseys and cash. I still weep over that deal.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange

I have collected Dave Kingman, Mark McGwire, 68 and 84 Tiger bats, Jim Thome GU equipment for coming up on 30 years. When my son was born I felt guilty about an auction purchase so I sold a Kingman Bicentennial bat. Regretted it for years til I had an opportunity to purchase another. I am offered from time to time very good money for my Kingman jerseys. I feel anyone considering selling GU items should think hard as GU rises in value and is extremely tuff!

Well, because of the player it's a jersey that really only has value to me and one other person now, the one that bought it..

The very first game worn jersey I ever owned was a Vancouver Canucks Pre-Season jersey of Sonny Mignacca. He never made it to the NHL but the jersey was nice with good use I remember. I sold it on eBay a good 6-7 years ago cause I needed some cash. I doubt I'll ever see it again but it'd be cool to have my first gamer back.